Southern Nazarene (11/7/22)

CMJ

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I will just leave the box score here and let the minutes of the starters sink in….

C45E4BDF-26AC-4CFE-A783-3C2AEF46EA2B.png.a9398033033527815af096009484dd44.png

I probably shouldn't...but here goes.  Mcghie stands out, clearly.  None of the others do.  Maybe this team legit plays a 9-10 man rotation?  Their starters, outside of Mcghie contributed 14 points while their bench contributed 16.  Have you gone back to last year and compared minutes to see if this is an outlier or how they actually play? 

'Why was Mcghie on the bench' is a reasonable question.  Maybe something was going on with him that the coach was limiting his minutes?  It's not out of the question that that could be a reasonable explanation.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I probably shouldn't...but here goes.  Mcghie stands out, clearly.  None of the others do.  Maybe this team legit plays a 9-10 man rotation?  Their starters, outside of Mcghie contributed 14 points while their bench contributed 16.  Have you gone back to last year and compared minutes to see if this is an outlier or how they actually play? 

'Why was Mcghie on the bench' is a reasonable question.  Maybe something was going on with him that the coach was limiting his minutes?  It's not out of the question that that could be a reasonable explanation.

I just went back and checked random games earlier in the season because games at the end of the year carry more weight usually and your best players will get more minutes usually.  In the three games I checked every starter played more than 25 minutes and at least three of the 5 starters played about 33 minutes or more.

I think like the Aune/Littrell argument can be applied here with Andrew. What he's saying is true and very weird, but some of us can't put our thoughts of him aside to look at this objectively.  Dave and Hank also brought this up multiple times last night and were just as confused.  

I can't figure out why you wouldn't want to win if you were them even if it was an exhibition.  Us given thrown a bone is better than us losing, but I think if you ask everyone on that court we benefitted from those substitutions. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

26 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

I just went back and checked random games earlier in the season because games at the end of the year carry more weight usually and your best players will get more minutes usually.  In the three games I checked every starter played more than 25 minutes and at least three of the 5 starters played about 33 minutes or more.

I think like the Aune/Littrell argument can be applied here with Andrew. What he's saying is true and very weird, but some of us can't put our thoughts of him aside to look at this objectively.  Dave and Hank also brought this up multiple times last night and were just as confused.  

I can't figure out why you wouldn't want to win if you were them even if it was an exhibition.  Us given thrown a bone is better than us losing, but I think if you ask everyone on that court we benefitted from those substitutions. 

I will take the support and I assure you I am correct. I am unsure what else I am suppose to say short of attending to email and have conversations with people and screen shot it and post it… I mean the game was clearly thrown and even a casual fan can tell. I even asked two of our coaches who didn’t watch the game whatsoever and w showed them the box score. Immediately the question was asked why would their starters not play starting minutes and why go 12 deep. It’s not rocket science…. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

54 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I will take the support and I assure you I am correct. I am unsure what else I am suppose to say short of attending to email and have conversations with people and screen shot it and post it… I mean the game was clearly thrown and even a casual fan can tell. I even asked two of our coaches who didn’t watch the game whatsoever and w showed them the box score. Immediately the question was asked why would their starters not play starting minutes and why go 12 deep. It’s not rocket science…. 

I would absolutely and unconditionally support you if you had the courage to release the emails. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Andrew said:

let's say you're right. I know I for one would be outraged and never post about UNT basketball again. agreed?

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

I’m gonna put this to bed.  Grant needed a home opener and called Hudiberg to set things up.  The SNU team was presented with the option of playing it as an exhibition game.  They knew they’d get killed, so they agreed to do the game if we would sit TP and let them hang around.  A faction of the SNU players who don’t get much playing time rose up in a mini mutiny and said, “if we are gonna play a game that doesn’t count, then we better get equal playing time as the starters or we are all quitting.”  The coaches were over the proverbial barrel, so they agreed to come to Denton and play YMCA style for a $500,000 check.  The players will allegedly siphon off half of that money to their NIL accounts.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I’m trying to understand the motive here. A loss to SNU would be so bad it was worth coordinating and executing a thrown game? Who called it and when? Were the players in on it?

Edited by UNTethered Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

let's say you're right. I know I for one would be outraged and never post about UNT basketball again. agreed?

You should have hung it up almost a decade ago… but I’m sure nothing I could offer you would make you ever change your mind… you enjoy being obstinate.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

“Clearly thrown”

Dude. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

You should have hung it up almost a decade ago… but I’m sure nothing I could offer you would make you ever change your mind… you enjoy being obstinate.  

It’s okay, because everybody here treats you with a basic amount of decency because we’re pretty sure you’re on the spectrum. Don’t ruin the modicum of civility we give you.

• Ray 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

i always think Andrew's views are a little over the top and not well thought out...

but then he busts out 'obstinate' and im over here reading dictionary.com

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Not ready to declare "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" and I hope this was simply the case of depth and basketball talent coming through at the end to finish a game in the predicted way....but, if you are being honest and you watched the game, it didn't quite feel right.  In the last 7 minutes of the game and with a 3 point lead, SNU decides to start fouling us?  They were called for 7 (of their 22 or 32%) fouls to our 1 (of our 14 or 7%).  

Overall, they had 19 turnovers to our 8, we got them on the boards 37 to 29.  This game should not have been close.  We were definitely off our game - shooting, especially three pointers was a disaster.  It was just a weird game all around.

If we play like this or anywhere near it, St. Mary's is going to destroy us.   

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1