Southern Nazarene (11/7/22)

CMJ

I don't like agreeing with Andrew, his opinions (on Bball especially) are usually far out, and the eternal repetition of it doesn't help....

But there really is no good explanation as to what happened on the SNU side, and when there is no good explanation the truth usually is that the reasons/causes are bad.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

for reference here is the play by play. The last time their starters (to the best that I can see) scored/had the ball was at the 6:43 mark and other than this chunk here there was one more time around the 14-16 mark they were in when Tyler hit the big 3. Other than that the entire closing 6 minutes of the game was their bench. I will wait if someone can show me any example of a coach pulling his starters with a minimal lead and never letting them touch the floor again….They handed us the game to appease the home crowd.

33289095-2618-49BB-8BE7-12264D631C0D.jpeg.011f56a558813149c9826b08d8e9772d.jpegC953E9FF-0B89-478C-A50A-8072E01ACC76.png.ac793d7de6751596ecca98515e740778.png

Hey man did you know they pulled their starters? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

My man, you should care.  It speaks volumes to your credibility.

It's almost like you never visit any formal website writeup.  Never read the game recaps on MGS.com.  ESPN.com.  nothing where you would ever correctly see and visualize R-U-B-I-N.  Do you only read this forum and talk about it with your buddies on the basketball court?  The same guys who taught you about zone defense and praised Bedford?

Not sure he has buddies.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I get the skepticism around SNU benching starters. But none of us have anything factual or credible to go to substantiate this claim. We’re supposedly going on the fact that we won when we should have lost? Or because others teams don’t pull starters in that situation?

I’m all for good conspiracies, like Seth is gone next year no matter what, but this one is bogus imo. Like who paid them, and coordinated the loss?

38 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

At least we weren't one of the dozen teams to lose buy games last night, according to Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports CBB insider. My favorite team of that batch was OU to SHSU. Looks like CUSA will remain a basketball conference.

If Temple, UCF, and USF were all buy games, there's 1/4 of those losses. To add, UNC Asheville had a player drop 40 on UCF.

Screenshot_20221108_103849_ESPN.jpg.3167e0fbf9f393f75634c13b8af5e270.jpg

Edited by GMG_Dallas

1 hour ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I’m all for good conspiracies, like Seth is gone next year no matter what, but this one is bogus imo. Like who paid them, and coordinated the loss?

It's like Lenin said: you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh, you know...

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1