***OFFICIAL FIU VS UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha same as when Fine was here but you aren’t worried about an injury with Aune, some on here would be happy about an injured Aune.

I took this statement as tongue in cheek, but some members of the “Bench Aune” fan club would most definitely welcome a minor injury so that someone else could get a chance.  Maybe not today, but three weeks ago you would have.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

It's still maddening that Litrell won't let another QB throw. I get Earle is there to run, but when things get long they throw Aune back in there? Let him throw, or put any of the other QBs in if Earle is only ever going to run it. 

He did this with Mason and we see how that turned out...

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Given the moderate success and it being homecoming, that was pitiful attendance. Team looked good, FIU is terrible. 

It's obvious though, the casuals are not coming back with Seth Littrell at the helm. 

GMG 

I know bringing up downvotes creates more downvotes, but we think casuals are showing up and people are excited about UNT football? You got that feeling today? 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I know bringing up downvotes creates more downvotes, but we think casuals are showing up and people are excited about UNT football? You got that feeling today? 

I think sometimes the downvotes are for the Debbie Downer posts, not disagreements.

Also, I think you're probably right about this season, barring some miraculous/genius marketing campaign from our leadership (campus and/or city.  or - gasp - both)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's obvious though, the casuals are not coming back with Seth Littrell at the helm. 

GMG 

That deserved downvotes.  Casuals aren't not coming back to see a one game over 0.500 Mean Green Team unless Baylor, Texas Tech, OSU, TCU or Houston (only mentioning regional P5 teams we have a shot to get into Apogee) no matter the 6 year tenured coach.   Run off the first of next season 7-0 Apogee will be pack even with coach mumbles Jason Garrett on the sidelines.  40 years of mediocrity keeps causals on a day like today at home or outside of Apogee.  The ONLY cure for that is winning more.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

That deserved downvotes.  Casuals aren't not coming back to see a one game over 0.500 Mean Green Team unless Baylor, Texas Tech, OSU, TCU or Houston (only mentioning regional P5 teams we have a shot to get into Apogee) no matter the 6 year tenured coach.   Run off the first of next season 7-0 Apogee will be pack even with coach mumbles Jason Garrett on the sidelines.  40 years of mediocrity keeps causals on a day like today at home or outside of Apogee.  The ONLY cure for that is winning more.  

Nah man. They're playing for bowl eligibility on Homecoming. They deserved a better crowd. They've earned it. 

I get it's hard to look over the 2 miserable losses to SMU and UNLV. I get it. But when your schools team is starting to trend upward and Homecoming rolls around, they have earned a crowd to show. 

But I also was agreeing a little. They didn't get the crowd they deserved due to those aforementioned games. Lay eggs to programs like that, interest vanishes. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Someone else jog my memory, but I remember the homecoming games at Fouts brought in decent to good crowds even when our record was mediocre/poor. 

Homecoming 2007: Looks like a pretty good crowd for a 1-6 team. 

HC2007.png.29c0189541157c93a1a18fd0684519ad.png

• Upvote 2

Complaining about attendance is a futile exercise.   With the ability to watch almost any college or pro game sitting at home, attendance suffers and will continue to do so.   

No travel, ticket costs and a minimum of time investment trumps the much better experience of actually attending. 

Students apparently in general are just not interested in sports unless it is some type of gaming.  

Having big boisterous crowds is great, but most college teams seldom achieve that status.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Nah man. They're playing for bowl eligibility on Homecoming. They deserved a better crowd. They've earned it. 

You earn wins not crowds.  That is the kind of crowd Apogee gets mid-season when they are 1 game over 0.500 playing a team with no  brand cachet and isn't from our region.  Also Bowl eligibility is nothing new here and we only get crappy bowls when we have less than 9 wins and don't win the conference.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Someone else jog my memory, but I remember the homecoming games at Fouts brought in decent to good crowds even when our record was mediocre/poor. 

I’d argue a night time game helps as well.  We just seem to have better attendance when we play late as opposed to afternoon 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Everything about this photo looks good!  😊 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

I think they were just trying to run clock by running, and not run up the score too.  I was surprised Aune even came on the field after half having already scored 45.  They could  have played Gunnell in the 3rd and Earle in the 4th, get some others backup reps.

Exactly what they should have done. 

20 hours ago, PDXPRAK said:

How’s the atmosphere for anyone at the game? Can only hear the announcers on TV 

We intentionally bought season tickets at the top of a row so we could stand the whole game without bothering any one behind us. We are in Section 110, a reserved seat section that all GA ticket buyers think is GA. They think that, in part because the university, the athletic department and the stadium security don't do anything to communicate where GA seating is. So we control what we can control. After shooing away the people sitting in our seats just before kickoff (literally every single game since the stadium opened),  we yell the entire game. Helps clear out the GA'ers. 

But most importantly, the atmosphere where we sit is almost always great. Because the fans I sit with are great fans, care about the program, care about the game, care about the play. Every play. 

GMG

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I’d argue a night time game helps as well.  We just seem to have better attendance when we play late as opposed to afternoon 

Might be a factor, as many do not want to sit out in the sun. I still feel like homecoming always brought a good bump in attendance in the past, which we don't get now. 

• Upvote 1