***OFFICIAL FIU VS UNT GAME DISCUSSION THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

2 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

It's still maddening that Litrell won't let another QB throw. I get Earle is there to run, but when things get long they throw Aune back in there? Let him throw, or put any of the other QBs in if Earle is only ever going to run it. 

That was maddening. Oh, Earle is in... I wonder what he's gonna do

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

It's still maddening that Litrell won't let another QB throw. I get Earle is there to run, but when things get long they throw Aune back in there? Let him throw, or put any of the other QBs in if Earle is only ever going to run it. 

I think they were just trying to run clock by running, and not run up the score too.  I was surprised Aune even came on the field after half having already scored 45.  They could  have played Gunnell in the 3rd and Earle in the 4th, get some others backup reps.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

That's fine and understandable. Let him run some clock down and waste some time to put the game away. However when we are 3rd and long and you are forced to throw the ball, why pull him out? If Earle is the guy next year these are invaluable real game snaps that we are just throwing away. On top of that there is almost no risk if he screws up with such a large lead. IMO golden chances to build for next year just wasted. 

Seth is stubborn.  It’s year 7…you surely aren’t surprised are you?  Tigers don’t change their stripes.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Stone Earle = Quinn Shanbour.

8 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

High completion percentage at ACU.  Just because they’re not letting him throw while burning clock doesn’t mean he can’t throw. 

I don’t think he means Earle and Shanbour are the same player. I think he means they get the same opportunity. Go in there and run out the clock. Passing not allowed.

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I don’t think he means Earle and Shanbour are the same player. I think he means they get the same opportunity. Go in there and run out the clock. Passing not allowed.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.  Let's hold off any Shanbour opportunity comparisons.  The Q-Shan came in to sub for Fine, late 1H AT Iowa, and proceeded to score a TD pass.

Earle just got here.  give him time (and a Guyton).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coach Mac Andy said:

because anyone in the know will tell you the problem is UNT.

Does anyone really still believe the problem ISN'T the UNT Administration?  There's a million other issues du jour they'd rather cater to for 15 minutes than the push forward Athletics and their overall positioning as Texas' leading public higher education institution north of Austin.

Sad and potentially unpopular opinion but it's fact.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar
  • Upvote 1