Sports Illustrated Rankings of all Schools

Green Crazy

• Green Crazy changed the title to Sports Illustrated Rankings of all Schools

Very fair ranking, WKU at 67.  SI has seemed to suggest in other aricles that CUSA could be a multi bid conference, 3 schools in the top 70 is another indication of that.  Last year the media really hyped up the Mountain West, and as I recall they got 4 schools in, none of them doing well.  

• Upvote 4

The Mountain West sure was hyped a bunch last year. We play one of the better Mountain West schools from last season in Fresno State. While they didn't fare too well in conference, they finished 23-13 after winning The Basketball Classic tournament. It's very important we beat Saint Mary's and/or Fresno State if we want a chance at an at-large bid should we not win our conference tournament. Grand Canyon also won 23 last year and lost their conference tourney to eventual conference champion New Mexico State. I remember reading a few years ago that Grand Canyon had invested a large amount of money in being successful in basketball. They want to be a power. The tournament in Nassau also looks to be winnable while gaining some quality victories.

I'm very excited about this basketball season. Trying not to get ahead of myself but with our additions, our schedule, and McCasland, we have a chance at 27+ wins.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1