Heard Something Troubling Today

UNTLifer

Did you know that the Administration Tower is only being lit for home wins now?  No parade for stupid reasons and now this. Sounds like this has been the case for the last five years. UNTBarstool posted on Twitter a picture of a dark Administration Tower after the WKU win and tagged Wren Baker. A friend of mine with ties to Talons says this was a decision made back in 2017. One of the reasons given now is that it just takes too much time to go over there and flip a switch for every team’s wins even though it is tradition and the AD supports all these programs with a name of tagline of “Light the Tower”.  Another reason was some were scared of catching Covid. I know some Talon alumni post on here. If one of you read this can you expand on or explain this?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 4
  • Pissed 10
  • Puking Eagle 3

53 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

This school is so damn soft.  Nearly any news I hear of unt I'm usually embarrassed.  This is unacceptable. 

Unfortunately, so true. 

And I try to represent at work, to family, friends... but I'm often an easy target due to the university. I used to but and if, now I just shrug my shoulders. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you know that the Administration Tower is only being lit for home wins now?  No parade for stupid reasons and now this. Sounds like this has been the case for the last five years. UNTBarstool posted on Twitter a picture of a dark Administration Tower after the WKU win and tagged Wren Baker. A friend of mine with ties to Talons says this was a decision made back in 2017. One of the reasons given now is that it just takes too much time to go over there and flip a switch for every team’s wins even though it is tradition and the AD supports all these programs with a name of tagline of “Light the Tower”.  Another reason was some were scared of catching Covid. I know some Talom alumni post on here. If one of you read this can you expand on or explain this?

Another one bites the dust.  They also stopped putting wire hoop signs in the ground, at the beginning of the week for home games,  to encourage student support. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Unfortunately, so true. 

And I try to represent at work, to family, friends... but I'm often an easy target due to the university. I used to but and if, now I just shrug my shoulders. 

There's no sense of pride at UNT. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1