Seth Support

MeanGreen22

So when will Seth start supporting UNT? Just asking, he obviously has always had a foot out the door, he's just pissed his poor coaching the past few seasons saw his foot get smashed as doors closed.

He demeanor does not attract fans or alumni to come back

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 11

55 minutes ago, untbowler said:

So when will Seth start supporting UNT? Just asking, he obviously has always had a foot out the door, he's just pissed his poor coaching the past few seasons saw his foot get smashed as doors closed.

Listen to the coach’s show or better yet, walk up and talk to the man. Right now all you see are statistics and stale press conferences attended by Vito and one other person.

• Upvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 2

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Listen to the coach’s show or better yet, walk up and talk to the man. Right now all you see are statistics and stale press conferences attended by Vito and one other person.

I wonder if there was more press attention, he'd be a bit more energetic at press conferences. I'm not saying that's a valid excuse, I'm just thinking how dull it must be to go to press conferences and see same two faces every week. The players, including former, seem to really like him. There's a different side of SL we're not seeing.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

What he has shown is that he does have a personality. What he has also shown is that he chooses not to share it with the fan base. That's not being against Seth that is a reality. Again, since when have the fans ever seemed to be a concern of North Texas athletics when it comes to football? Before you answer please let me know when coach has got out and interact with the fans or how the athletic department prepares the stadium for game day. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I wonder if there was more press attention, he'd be a bit more energetic at press conferences. I'm not saying that's a valid excuse, I'm just thinking how dull it must be to go to press conferences and see same two faces every week. The players, including former, seem to really like him. There's a different side of SL we're not seeing.

It should not take an audience for him to open up to the fan base and be more charismatic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What he has shown is that he does have a personality. What he has also shown is that he chooses not to share it with the fan base. That's not being against Seth that is a reality. Again, since when have the fans ever seemed to be a concern of North Texas athletics when it comes to football? Before you answer please let me know when coach has got out and interact with the fans or how the athletic department prepares the stadium for game day. 

Head out the Rudy’s in Denton on Tuesday night.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It should not take an audience for him to open up to the fan base and be more charismatic. 

So you want a performer, not a coach.

Who is your similarly situated example of a charismatic coach that opens up to the fanbase?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Who is your similarly situated example of charismatic coach that opens up to the fanbase?

Begging’ some fellow Cowboy fans pardons, but charismatic is not a word that I ever heard Tom Landry described as. 
Hot shot coaches come & go.  Many fizzle out once the players learn their game & charade. 
Landry stayed a long time. Others similar did to. Coach Bill Belichick seems a grumpy old man to me, but he has more damn super bowl rings than anyone. 

GMG!

E974DB87-1BFF-4511-9F28-497AAE865D64.jpeg.ea59d43a0686c284c4c30da0297acaa5.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

As much as I am Seth detractor, this criticism is a little overkill.  He can sell the program to recruits good enough to compete for conference titles.  Just win, don’t run afoul of NCAA rules, maintain academic eligibility for your best 32 players consistently and don’t have players getting into legal trouble every other year.  For a coaches “demeanor” to help get fans/alumni back he would have to be Deion Sanders like or come in with record/system that gets fans excited.  Mac was great in that regard until he started losing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Who is your similarly situated example of charismatic coach that opens up to the fanbase?

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Begging’ some fellow Cowboy fans pardons, but charismatic is not a word that I ever heard Tom Landry described as. 
Hot shot coaches come & go.  Many fizzle out once the players learn their game & charade. 
Landry stayed a long time. Others similar did to. Coach Bill Belichick seems a grumpy old man to me, but he has more damn super bowl rings than anyone. 

GMG!

E974DB87-1BFF-4511-9F28-497AAE865D64.jpeg.ea59d43a0686c284c4c30da0297acaa5.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Go 11-1 and he can walk out onto Apogee with double birds in the air for all I care...

Exactly to all of this.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

How about Seth win a freaking conference championship before you even considering him in the same message with these two?

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

We got people all over this board saying they would like to have Deion as a coach. Is that a good enough example of what a charismatic coach can do for fans? Hearing a lot of the "Ole UNT" should be happy to have him as a coach sentiment. 7th year and barely at the .500 level (and terrible against OOC FBS). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We got people all over this board saying they would like to have Deion as a coach. Is that a good enough example of what a charismatic coach can do for fans? 

Deion is 23-5 as a head coach. Would that not have more to do with it?

If he had a losing record I'm gonna guess his charisma wouldn’t mean anything. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We got people all over this board saying they would like to have Deion as a coach. Is that a good enough example of what a charismatic coach can do for fans? Hearing a lot of the "Ole UNT" should be happy to have him as a coach sentiment. 7th year and barely at the .500 level (and terrible against OOC FBS). 

You missed the similarly situated part. Deion has a media following independent of his coaching.

• Upvote 3