UNT ranked #6 OL in G5

Coach Andy Mac

8 minutes ago, UNT Family Man said:

Why the eye roll 🙄? We need to upgrade every possible position to compete in the AAC.

If OL is a measure of overall performance (most of us agree games are won in the trenches, right?) that ranking would equate to third in the AAC. (Yes I understand that is a stretch but it’s fun to deal with hypothetical situations.) 

Third in the AAC would this year mean we would already be at 6 wins and end up in one of these bowls:

Fenway Bowl vs ACC

– Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs Conference USA

– Military Bowl Presented by Peraton vs ACC

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowlvs Army

I would happily take any of those destinations or matchups. I think our WR/TE and RB corps match up pretty well against the AAC as well. (Now our QB room is a different story, obviously…) 

DL and LBs aren’t a concern, although our DBs don’t stack up despite how well our CBs have been playing lately. Our safeties just drag down the average there too much,  unfortunately.

So in response to your assertion, I would say this admittedly random-ass ranking in fact shows there might be positions that already favorably compare to our new AAC peers and not EVERY position needs an immediate upgrade. I think we have a thread somewhere with top three upgrades needed, so I will add my thoughts to that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

If OL is a measure of overall performance (most of us agree games are won in the trenches, right?) that ranking would equate to third in the AAC. (Yes I understand that is a stretch but it’s fun to deal with hypothetical situations.) 

Third in the AAC would this year mean we would already be at 6 wins and end up in one of these bowls:

Fenway Bowl vs ACC

– Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs Conference USA

– Military Bowl Presented by Peraton vs ACC

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowlvs Army

I would happily take any of those destinations or matchups. I think our WR/TE and RB corps match up pretty well against the AAC as well. (Now our QB room is a different story, obviously…) 

DL and LBs aren’t a concern, although our DBs don’t stack up despite how well our CBs have been playing lately. Our safeties just drag down the average there too much,  unfortunately.

So in response to your assertion, I would say this admittedly random-ass ranking in fact shows there might be positions that already favorably compare to our new AAC peers and not EVERY position needs an immediate upgrade. I think we have a thread somewhere with top three upgrades needed, so I will add my thoughts to that. 

Never said that we didn’t have a couple of position groups that could compete but I am interested in all position groups getting better. You have to recruit better than what you currently have on your roster or there is a problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1