Spent A Week In Portland and Seattle

Beautiful area of the country.  Enjoyed the people and scenery up there.  Had the best seafood I've ever eaten in Oregon and at a little place just inside Washington at a town called South Bend.  Talked to a server at Deschute's Brewery in Portland that was from Denton and went to Ryan HS.  Small world.  Prices are ridiculous.  People seemed super friendly.

I won't get into what I thought of the downtown areas of Portland and Seattle, but they are what they are now, and hopefully they will rebound, because both are very cool cities to visit, and good launching pads for exploring the natural beauty of those states.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Blew my mind to see Mount St Helens in person, and the amount of destruction that it did. The contrast between its barren ashy landscape and the nearby lush greenery and crystal clear waters was amazing. Absolutely go to the Johnston Ridge Observatory if you're ever in the area and do some hiking around Coldwater Lake as well. 

• Upvote 3

Great part of the country. Nice people too. Underrated area out that way = eastern washington. Back in my undergrad days I went up there for a road game against Idaho that we played in Pullman at Wazzu. Stayed in Spokane. That drive from Spokane to Pullman was just gorgeous. Beautiful place. 

• Upvote 3