Breaking News! Jeff to the Dolphins

Cr1028

• Cr1028 changed the title to Breaking News! Jeff to the Dolphins

Dolphins are all in this year with the moves they are making and that bodes very well for Jeff seeing as how it's mainly Mostert getting the carries for them. They don't look very deep at RB so it appears to be a really good situation with a hopeful contender. Good luck to him!

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Haven't read that article yet from SI but I think this will be great for Wilson. McDaniel, the Dolphins HC, was the 49ers OC last year and the 49ers run game coordinator from 2017 to 2020. Clearly there's something he sees in Wilson to go out and get him. Hopefully he gets a bigger role in this offense.

The only potential downside is that he also saw the same thing in Mostert.

30 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The only potential downside is that he also saw the same thing in Mostert.

They traded Chade Edmonds to Denver in the Bradley Chubb trade. Miles Gaskin hasn't seen much playing time this year. Seems they aren't happy with their RB production so far. I'm thinking when they sent Edmonds to Denver, they knew they were going to go after Jeff Wilson with the goal of trying him out at RB1.

11 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

They traded Chade Edmonds to Denver in the Bradley Chubb trade. Miles Gaskin hasn't seen much playing time this year. Seems they aren't happy with their RB production so far. I'm thinking when they sent Edmonds to Denver, they knew they were going to go after Jeff Wilson with the goal of trying him out at RB1.

But I thought his former 49er teammate Mostert was the starter and leading rusher for the Fins.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

But I thought his former 49er teammate Mostert was the starter and leading rusher for the Fins.

He is... on a team that's bottom 5 in rushing yards per game. More importantly, they're 6th worst in yards per carry. Despite all the attention Hill/Waddle demand in the secondary, they aren't getting any kind of rushing attack. That's a problem as you get closer to the playoffs.

• Thanks 2

49ers’ John Lynch explains Jeff Wilson trade, says Elijah Mitchell is close to returning:

"SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The 49ers never actively shopped locker room favorite Jeff Wilson Jr., general manager John Lynch said Tuesday.

But when the Dolphins called last week with mild interest — then called back with more urgency Monday — the 49ers couldn’t turn down their ultimate offer, a fifth-round pick".

https://theathletic.com/3753324/2022/11/01/49ers-jeff-wilson-trade-elijah-mitchell/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=5394422

On 11/1/2022 at 9:40 PM, Marty said:

Very true. Shanahan never gave him starter snaps but he always produced when he had his number called. Glad he's going back to a coach that knows him so well and knows what he can do