Uniform for Homecoming

Victorygreen04

11 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Back in the 70s, the color was somewhere between apple green and chartreuse, leaning a bit closer to chartreuse. 

The stripping on the Fry helmets had a darker green stripe bordering the white stripe, much like with the two-toned battle flag, as a nod to other NT eras and shades of green.  It would still work today!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, CMJ said:

A large part of the fanbase wants to go back to the worm exclusively.  On the off chance that actually were to happen, I'd pray that we didn't go with the apple green.

Washington State still uses their 70s logo, we should have continued to use the flying worm.  "But Nooooo!" After Hayden Fry left, almost everything he did was dumped within a few years - the Mean Green name, the worm, the apple green... 

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

yeah was thinking they were full size and I thought they could not because the size.  But are correct they were full sized.  I think the Exon station next door was the official gas station of NTSU students.

Remember the light fixtures at the McDonald with flying worm helmets as the light globes?  What an era!  Just wish Fry would have had the venues we have today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I mean is the visitor's lock room even pink anymore.  I think this is the worse year I have seen in promoting the teams.  I guess since they are not getting payout for CUSA they have cut the budget to the bone.  They have better not have oversold the parking passes again.

Is Fouts parking lots still available?  Anyone?  That’s only a 7 minute walk when I’ve used it. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CarmanSandiego said:

Anyone able to provide insight on why UNT only had 2 games at Fouts Field that year?

Not exactly sure, probably because of Jerry Moore being coach in 79-80.  He made a lot of poor changes. We were still Indy then, difficult to schedule when everyone else gets into conference games..  We only had 3 games at Fouts in 1979. 

In 1980 Smut was a home game but being played at Texas Stadium.  UTA just built a new stadium and we were the opening opponent for it. 

Fry had tried to improve our profile by moving home games to the new Texas Stadium (to lure better opponents), going Indy, and applying for membership in the SWC.  He scheduled Okla State, BYU, Miss St, Louisville, Houston, etc for us at Texas Stadium.  BYU had to be moved to the Cotton Bowl since the stadium didn't open on time.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

Best UNT uniforms ever had were the NT Mean Joe throwbacks. The flying worm is cool and probably a close second. Don’t like the current uniforms and I still don’t love the eagle wings coming out of the facemask as all I can think of is Oregon. I like when the full eagle is on the side of the helmet and I wish they went back to the previous uniforms worn while Fine was QB or did something more interesting than they currently have atleast

• Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1