Uniform for Homecoming

Victorygreen04

20 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Agree, it's weird to wear white at home. 

This is the downside of being a program like UNT. If "apple green" isn't part of Nike's standard color palette we ain't getting it. They're not going to custom make something for us like they would Oregon or other high profile P5s. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

This is the downside of being a program like UNT. If "apple green" isn't part of Nike's standard color palette we ain't getting it. They're not going to custom make something for us like they would Oregon or other high profile P5s. 

I think its a pretty short list of schools who would get that level of treatment, Oregon being at the pinnacle of it.  Influencing Nike is a tough call but it betters our merchandise situation to use them rather than a smaller supplier who we may have more bargaining chips with.  I'm a Temple High grad and we have a tradition of wearing blue front white back pants.  Sounds weird but they're gorgeous.  We've left suppliers in the past over their willingness to make our pants.  I think the merchandise benefit for NT probably outweighs the customizability of throwbacks for now though. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I think its a pretty short list of schools who would get that level of treatment, Oregon being at the pinnacle of it.  Influencing Nike is a tough call but it betters our merchandise situation to use them rather than a smaller supplier who we may have more bargaining chips with.  I'm a Temple High grad and we have a tradition of wearing blue front white back pants.  Sounds weird but they're gorgeous.  We've left suppliers in the past over their willingness to make our pants.  I think the merchandise benefit for NT probably outweighs the customizability of throwbacks for now though. 

Love those Temple Wildcats pants.  Family is from Rogers, so I saw Temple plenty of times.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1