FIU Panthers vs North Texas Mean Green Prediction, 11/5/2022

Dannymacfan

Game: FIU Panthers vs North Texas Mean Green

Date: Saturday, November 5, 2022

TV: ESPN+

Odds/Point Spread: Mean Green (-21)

Total/Over-Under: 62

Apogee Stadium is the site where the North Texas Mean Green (5-4) will take on the FIU Panthers (4-4) on Saturday. FIU is 21-point dogs from oddsmakers. The over/under is 62.

The FIU Panthers come into this game with a record of 4-4 for this season. In their last matchup, the Panthers played the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs and went home with a win by a final score of 42-34. Grayson James went 31/48 with 321 yds passing and 3 TDs. He had a QB rating of 141.4 and ended the game without throwing an interception. Lexington Joseph was the rushing leader for the Panthers with 12 carries for 37 yards (3.1 yards per attempt). The FIU Panthers ended up rushing 26 different times and accumulated 57 yds, which had them averaging 2.2 yards per tote. At the end of the game, they tallied 74 plays for 378 yds. FIU conceded 28 pass completions on 40 tries for 256 yards, and a completion rate of 70.0%. Against the run, the Panthers conceded 184 yds on 41 tries, which averages out to 4.5 yards per rush surrendered.

Read more:  https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/football/2022/fiu-panthers-vs-north-texas-mean-green-prediction-11-5-2022-college-football-picks-best-bets-odds.html

Only thing that worries me is the qb.  Our secondary is a concern.

I hope the chance for rain does not keep people away.  The team deserves support.  The team could have folded with the OCC play but kept moving forward.  Lets hope the fans do as well.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 5

FIU was just pitiful until the UTSA game.    I thought this was the one sure blowout on our schedule.

But, you can't discount them crushing Charlotte and then eeking out a win against La Tech the last 2 weeks.  They are playing with more confidence.

I expect an NT win.   But, a 21 point spread sounds much too high for me.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3

If we play like we did at WKU this could be a 30+ win.

Would like to see us play the same and get as many backup in in the fourth as possible. Focus on the run game and short quick routes - we will need them when we go back to San Antonio

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1