Despite The "Negative Waves" for Mr. Aune....

DeepGreen

• Harry featured this topic
12 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Austin Aune's numbers are not that bad.  Forget that interceptions are not shown.

A. Aune QB - UNT

F. HarrisQB - UTSA

Let me ask a question. Would you take Aune or Harris if you had the choice? 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Completion percentage

Aune: 57

Harris: 69

Rushing yards

Aune: 20

Harris: 319 (5 TDs)

INTs

Aune: 9 (three? pick 6)

Harris: 6

Harris has much better stats and a more positive impact for his team. Also has played one less game than Aune. If you subtract the points Aune has given away and take into consideration Harris’ rushing ability, it’s no contest. 

I understood @DeepGreen's point to be, not that Aune is better than Harris, but that in certain statistical categories Aune compares favorably with a QB we all would love to have.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Austin Aune's numbers are not that bad.  Forget that interceptions are not shown.

A. AuneQB - UNT

F. HarrisQB - UTSA

Stats don't mean shit. I will agree Aune had a good game against WKU and had a good game against FAU. And TSU I guess. Beyond that, these stats are meaningless. We are a 5-4 team. Stop acting like we are top of the world. Anyone on our schedule can knock us off and if they do it, it will likely be because they dared Aune to beat them, just like UTSA did.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I understood @DeepGreen's point to be, not that Aune is better than Harris, but that in certain statistical categories Aune compares favorably with a QB we all would love to have.

Do we get TDs for comparing favorably in certain statistical categories, even if the other team plays better?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Do we get TDs for comparing favorably in certain statistical categories, even if the other team plays better?

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

Really tired of this desire to crap in our own bed jumping ahead of any other type of dialogue around here.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

C’mon.  We don’t have that choice.  There’s a dozen QB’s I’d take over Frank Harris.

I think it was the great DKR who started the “????? has “it.”  We saw “Mr It” in the last play of our game in the AlamoDome 2+ weeks ago IMO.
Aune is having a fine season & who knows—maybe the entire team is jelling now with the kind of quality we’ve all waited on  the last few years. (I think player evaluation for those who transferred to NT from lower divisions of the NCAA is impressive & any G5 program will have to have that along with a good Portal Transfer program.  

B9B76F48-3E6D-4EE1-8E2C-84D54B58189C.jpeg.10352f3d00f4a455dbd3424eadf6744b.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

19 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Aune has a higher Passer Rating (156.6 to 154.9). Harris has a higher QBR (75.1 to 71.8). So even the comprehensive statistical analyses show the two as having comparable passing outputs.

100% honestly haven't seen any of Harris outside of the game against us, so I can't do any sort of comparison. Aune played really well last week, but has been painfully inconsistent and may have solely cost us the Memphis and UTSA losses this season. You can pull whatever numbers you want to compare and I wouldn't have an argument, but when you pull out 3 stats for QBs and one of them isn't interceptions, you're automatically cherry picking.

Edited by Coffee and TV