Seth Littrell Earns Extension?

BIMG

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Reflective of the general media perception of Football at North Texas - We should be happy and content with a .500 career coach. Do you think they would say any Big 12 or current American Team in Texas should be OK with a 7th year coach with Seth's record?

How do you keep a program down?   Make them hang on to their .500 coach.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Reflective of the general media perception of Football at North Texas - We should be happy and content with a .500 career coach. Do you think they would say any Big 12 or current American Team in Texas should be OK with a 7th year coach with Seth's record?

Or maybe the journalists don't look into it enough to know what our bowl record is or how shit CUSA is.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

In other words (& this is par for the course as far as DCTF is concerned):  “Lil’ ol’ UNT ought to be happy they have a coach who can get them ‘bowl eligible’ so consistently!” 
🤮

Ehhh if you listen to their podcasts I don’t think that’s how most of their staff feels. It’s just how Mike Craven feels who is now their main CFB writer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Ehhh if you listen to their podcasts I don’t think that’s how most of their staff feels. It’s just how Mike Craven feels who is now their main CFB writer. 

Their podcasts have Ashley Pickle, right?   She bleeds green as an alum, but I don't think anyone else there thinks like she does.    Tepper likes to play up all Texas teams as much as he can.

We're playing better, but I still think he needs to win out and get the the conference championship and win the bowl game.

Seth still hasn't proved he can win the big game, especially against an OOC opponent. WKU was a good win, and a step in the right direction, but we're still too inconsistent.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

We're playing better, but I still think he needs to win out and get the the conference championship and win the bowl game.

Seth still hasn't proved he can win the big game, especially against an OOC opponent. WKU was a good win, and a step in the right direction, but we're still too inconsistent.

I think the way NT dominated made it a good win, but if you take a closer look at WKU's schedule, you'll see their only good win was against an equally not-as-good-as-before, UAB (Their other wins are Austin Peay, Hawaii, FIU, & MTSU).    They've been coasting on last year's record.

Once Kitley & Zappe left, WKU is simply not as good.   We can't declare, "we've made it" based on this win.  There's a lot more to prove, and the guys cannot take their foot off the pedal. 

This just feels like last year all over again (with this last WKU win comparing to the UTEP win).   I think a win against a healthy UTSA in the CCG game (if we get there) might make it different.   
But again, after that, we're going to be matched up against what should be an equal opponent in a bowl game... and those have not gone so well for us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

But even WKU fans, if you read their board, say they are not a good team this year.

• Confused 1