What triggers a Seth Extension in your mind?

cousin oliver

What triggers a Seth Extension in your mind?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What triggers a Seth Extension in your mind?

• Get to conference championship game
    • Win conference championship game
    • Win conference championship and bowl game
    • There is no scenario where he should return

I think it boils down to the structure of an extension. If he wins the conference and especially a bowl game as well, I could see an extension being given

My thought all along is no extension under any circumstance....but that is based on my assumption that his agent is going to be expecting the same type of extension he got before or multiple years with a big buyout....that's gonna be a no for me dawg...

But if the extension were one that was favorable to NT...then I'm all for it. I just don't think Sexton/Littrell will accept one.

Additional thought: I don't want to commit $10+ million to Littrell for the next 5 years with little/no out. I think that would be foolish...but again, I have to think that is what Sexton is going to want...then Wren has a decision to make.

If he wins conference and a bowl game, tack on 2 more years after next year with very little buy out. I'm on board with that. 

But I would guess Sexton would laugh at an offer like that...and I'm sure many will see that as "insulting" to Littrell. Tough sh*t, go get a better one somewhere else then..

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I think it boils down to the structure of an extension. If he wins the conference and especially a bowl game as well, I could see an extension being given

My thought all along is no extension under any circumstance....but that is based on my assumption that his agent is going to be expecting the same type of extension he got before or multiple years with a big buyout....that's gonna be a no for me dawg...

But if the extension were one that was favorable to NT...then I'm all for it. I just don't think Sexton/Littrell will accept one.

I agree, but I don't think SL has the leverage he had before.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

If he wins out including the bowl game (that's a big IF), his resume over 7 seasons will be:

47-42 overall record

1-5 bowl game record

1 conference championship

(I'm not going to get into record vs winning teams, etc. That's been documented)

That's best case scenario

I would say it's more than likely going to be:

45-44 overall record

0-6 bowl game record (maybe he wins it, who knows)

0 conference championships

You either think that is a good enough resume for this program to keep investing long term in, or you think it is NOT good enough for this program moving forward.

Those on the outside that view NT Football as we're lucky to even have a team, will think it's CRAZY to not hang on to a coach like that. Because....outside of a few flashes, we've never been good. Those that think we can take this program to the next level (I'm talking UH, UCF, Boise, Cincy) will want to upgrade.

How you view this program will determine the answer.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Winning out guarantees an extension for me. Any type of ugly CUSA Championship loss or ugly bowl loss GREATLY jeopardizes any chance. It just sets us back so much, man. A competitive loss keeps the conversation going. 

Get ready for the excuses to pile up when KD Davis decides not to play in the bowl game to ensure he's healthy for the draft.   
According to many here, NT lost the Frisco Made Up Bowl to flipping Miami, OH last year simply because DeAndre Torrey didn't play.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Get ready for the excuses to pile up when KD Davis decides not to play in the bowl game to ensure he's healthy for the draft.   
According to many here, NT lost the Frisco Made Up Bowl to flipping Miami, OH last year simply because DeAndre Torrey didn't play.

Maybe KD will see how it worked out for DT and play

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The same guy who flirted with A&M and Ole Miss just a few weeks before the season was to start?    KD is awesome, but I don't know that he's going to put this team over his opportunity.

Trust me, I would give myself a "Skeptical Eagle" for my comment if I could. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

If NT finishes second in the conference and they certainly should at this point, Littrell will be offered a new contract.

It will also be possible at that point that he is offered a better contract.   Those thinking that if he wins out including the bowl game that NT will dictate the terms are badly mistaken. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The same guy who flirted with A&M and Ole Miss just a few weeks before the season was to start?    KD is awesome, but I don't know that he's going to put this team over his opportunity.

I’m okay with it, just as long as the coaches/teammates have time to prep. If it’s a game time decision, it’s a different story.  Dudes been balling out for us for 4 years, if he wants a game off, I understand. I’d want him to play, but I doubt he’s going to ask me my opinion. 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1