UNT may not have a choice on entering the coaching carosel

TheReal_jayD

14 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Against the crap end of G5 - cusa. 

Will it matter to them, you mean.  SL can play that card, throw their names in the hat and they will pick what they want.

Another thing is, would the players be willing to follow?  It's not like they are in a contract to play for SL.

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If the team that showed up Saturday at Western Kentucky shows up the remaining regular season games. UNT will be playing for a conference championship. Whether it is in Denton or San Antonio we will have to see. But I believe if Seth does turn this thing around he will have regained his momentum he had back when he flirted with Kansas State. I would not be surprised to see his name thrown up in several P5 searches. I don't see him leaving us for a G5 opening. But I don't see him turning down a P5 opportunity again.

He was staring a firing in the face leading back to last season until recently managing to get the heat off with some solid wins. If I’m him, I’m taking any P5 job that offers me next, no matter the conditions. This would be best for both sides. He moves up with a pay raise and we get a fresh approach with a new Head Coach and shed the “coaching graveyard” perception.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think a lot of P5 will be looking at his offensive stats. Especially the ones that are struggling on offense. He is still very young. Texas ties now. I look at a team like Colorado. I also believe Seth and his agent will spin it the same way Brett Vito does. Seth has taking UNT to as many bowl games as UNT has went in their whole history prior. Will sell it as a hard place to win.

***Not to mention the scariest part to me. With the first time transfer rule and UNT going so heavy with HS kids the last few years. Seth could also say I will bring my staff. As well as several all conference players with eligibility .

Jake Roberts

Var'Keyes Gumms

Oscar Adaway III

Gabe Blair

Jett Duncan

Cole Brown

Jyaire Shorter

Roderick Brown

Ikaika Ragsdale

DeShawn Gaddie

Ayo Adeyi

Damon Ward 

That's just a quick list. I'm sure I missed a few. But I defiantly think all those kids would start at a school like Colorado. Several on that list have been getting recruited by P5s already.

This is what pisses me off about the portal. Nothing stops the P5s from meddling. It isn’t allowed in the professional leagues and should not be allowed in college, but the NCAA will do nothing. 

• Upvote 5

If he were to go to a P5 school then it’d be probably somewhere smaller as no big program would risk getting him I don’t think. I could see Colorado, Arizona or Arizona St as they’ve all been down for awhile. Could also see Iowa State if Campbell were to leave or be fired, which is highly unlikely. But in all honesty, I don’t think he leaves because I don’t think that winning the CUSA Championship will be enough for anyone to necessarily want him again.