I say this cautiously…

emmitt01

I feel like we are all forgetting this is CUSA here. We got shredded by what are, currently, the 6th and 8th ranked team in AAC. 

I'm all for cerebrating the little things, but we aren't AAC ready. Especially with what its costing us.

Yesterday was a solid win, but everyone is now acting like we are world beaters and our highly overpriced coach is finally hitting his stride in year 7. Fool me once... But not 7 times

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 13

6 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I feel like we are all forgetting this is CUSA here. We got shredded by what are, currently, the 6th and 8th ranked team in AAC. 

I'm all for cerebrating the little things, but we aren't AAC ready. Especially with what its costing us.

Yesterday was a solid win, but everyone is now acting like we are world beaters and our highly overpriced coach is finally hitting his stride in year 7. Fool me once... But not 7 times

^Also very true

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I post this and give you all due respect.  You make some valid points of which I am in agreeance.  But you don’t state what your expectation is and that tells me you don’t want to state this you want Seth gone so badly you want to leave the terms for his severance open ended and I don’t think that is fair either.  

• Eye Roll 4

23 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Let's not forget the beatdown to 4-4 UNLV either.  I bought in to Seth last year after we beat UTSA only to have reality hit us in the face again against Miami-Oh-my.    There is no consistency with Aune, Seth, or this team.  We should not let a nice win(s) lead to another bogus contract extension....and live to regret it again!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I post this and give you all due respect.  You make some valid points of which I am in agreeance.  But you don’t state what your expectation is and that tells me you don’t want to state this you want Seth gone so badly you want to leave the terms for his severance open ended and I don’t think that is fair either.  

Its not vitriol. I don't "want him gone so badly" but more of "he came and did what he could". We reached his ceiling and someone could do a lot better. 

I've stated before my expectations. Decisively win the conference and be a bowl champ who doesn't get blown out. He just can't seem to get over that hurdle.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I think we're a good qb in those games from winning those

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

It's a good thing we aren't in the AAC yet and are still playing this season. No one brought up next season. 

And that's a fair critique. We can only have hope for what's ahead. Just feels like celebrating mediocrity. King of the junkyard when we could be so much more...

I need to go yell at some kids to get off my yard.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

Nobody stated that. You took the opportunity to hijack the thread and take it in this direction.  We will return a solid team to the AAC that can compete on that level with some key additions. 

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Its not vitriol. I don't "want him gone so badly" but more of "he came and did what he could". We reached his ceiling and someone could do a lot better. 

I've stated before my expectations. Decisively win the conference and be a bowl champ who doesn't get blown out. He just can't seem to get over that hurdle.

How can you state he can’t get over this hurdle when we aren’t even to either of these points in the season?

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

After yesterday’s performance, and seeing UAB get beat by FAU, all the games left on this schedule are winnable.  

I’m not guaranteeing we will win out, but the path is there.  And I am DEFINITELY down for a return trip to San Antonio to ruin that community college’s season again. 

Yes, they are all winnable. Obviously, the coaching staff made adjustments after the UTSA game. I hope to be planning a trip to San Antonio. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

That is why if Wren’s hand is forced with the Mean Green winning out the season or even just 1 loss the rest of the way I am only okay with a 2 year extension with no pay raise.   My hope is that under that scenario Sonny Dykes wants Seth with him at TCU.  Seth switches jobs without relocating and buyout is waived.  And for anyone who thinks that is a bad scenario; what do kind of teams do you want us to have the next 7 years?   Unless we find another Mason Fine (highly unlikely).   One game over or under 0.500 is the BEST it appears Seth can do here.  I sincerely doubt this staff finds another overlooked high school QB with pro level accuracy, decision making and leadership.  And these highly touted transfers aren’t panning out either. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2