Only Extend Seth Littrell Only if...

NorthTexasWeLove

16 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

would you give SL a five year extension?

No way!   No extension until he gets a trophy, and not just a participation trophy.  Then, only a year extension at a time!

The other issue is Wren perhaps looking to climb a ladder to P5 also.   He may not really care, so much as us, what Seth's future here is.  It's free money to spend for him on whatever the Prez and Big Donors deem worthy.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have not posted here before, but I graduated in '84, I remember Hayden Fry, the best coach of my memory, 
Corky Nelson, and Darrell Dickey,  All three had very good seasons, and for Hayden Fry, great seasons. But 
unfortunately, Fry's time was before ESPN, so no bowls. Really almost no postseason success with either Corky
or Darrell.  And 0-5 in bowls with Seth Littrell. However, I also remember the coaches who came after the three departed.
Jerry Moore who threw away Fry's run and shoot to play smash mouth to his utter failure. Todd Dodge a totally unqualified
High School Coach, who could not understand the complexities of FBS coaching. And of course Dennis Parker who failed
mIserably after Corky Nelson. So lets be careful what we wish for folks---the hereafter can be FAR worse. UNT is playing
For a conference championship against UTSA this Friday. A bowl is already locked up-perhaps it will be the New Orleans
bowl.  Now here is the reality--we cannot let this fine coach finish out his contrat in 2023, A coach entering the last 
year of his contract is a signal to possilbe recruits that the school is NOT committed to their coach. Littrell's contract
must be increased and extended I hope this week. Thank you for your thoughts, 
Rob Jones/class of '84

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, DentonTD said:

Hello, I have not posted here before, but I graduated in '84, I remember Hayden Fry, the best coach of my memory, 
Corky Nelson, and Darrell Dickey,  All three had very good seasons, and for Hayden Fry, great seasons. But 
unfortunately, Fry's time was before ESPN, so no bowls. Really almost no postseason success with either Corky
or Darrell.  And 0-5 in bowls with Seth Littrell. However, I also remember the coaches who came after the three departed.
Jerry Moore who threw away Fry's run and shoot to play smash mouth to his utter failure. Todd Dodge a totally unqualified
High School Coach, who could not understand the complexities of FBS coaching. And of course Dennis Parker who failed
mIserably after Corky Nelson. So lets be careful what we wish for folks---the hereafter can be FAR worse. UNT is playing
For a conference championship against UTSA this Friday. A bowl is already locked up-perhaps it will be the New Orleans
bowl.  Now here is the reality--we cannot let this fine coach finish out his contrat in 2023, A coach entering the last 
year of his contract is a signal to possilbe recruits that the school is NOT committed to their coach. Littrell's contract
Rob Jones/class of '84

Thanks for posting DentonTD....

About the 3rd line down of your post...I knew we were headed for another "but look at how bad we've been" post. And there it was. If our standards are "we've been bad for so long" then please stop paying so much money for a football coach. It doesn't add up. 

We can be better than our past or just good as our past without spending so much money on the program. People have to understand what the current administration is selling us. Look at this stadium, look at the buildings, look at the new stuff coming, look at what we can pay our coaches. All of those things add up to equal "we don't care about the past, we are investing like we want to be a legit football program by TODAY'S standards. Multiple championships, top 25 rankings, beat P5s, go to big bowls, win bowls." And to do that, we need a better football coach.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

24 minutes ago, DentonTD said:

Rob Jones/class of '84

Welcome to the board!

Our budget is nothing like UNT of old.  History should no longer play a part in our decision making.  It's okay to expect more.

I feel strongly that a contract decision will be made soon.  We have to have a new coach or give SL an extension to maximize recruiting.  I don't know if it will be done after the next game.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Thanks for posting DentonTD....

About the 3rd line down of your post...I knew we were headed for another "but look at how bad we've been" post. And there it was. If our standards are "we've been bad for so long" then please stop paying so much money for a football coach. It doesn't add up. 

We can be better than our past or just good as our past without spending so much money on the program. People have to understand what the current administration is selling us. Look at this stadium, look at the buildings, look at the new stuff coming, look at what we can pay our coaches. All of those things add up to equal "we don't care about the past, we are investing like we want to be a legit football program by TODAY'S standards. Multiple championships, top 25 rankings, beat P5s, go to big bowls, win bowls." And to do that, we need a better football coach.

At this point, I'm just wondering how man Littrell family members are going to create accounts and chime in. 

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:36 PM, GrandGreen said:

My thoughts

Can't enjoy the game for one single day. 

If NT keeps winning, NT is going to be  in no position to dictate terms

Now you think you can dictate not only his contract, but mandate he change his personality

Have you ever had an employee of any kind?  If the answer is yes, you know none of this will work.  

I don’t disagree with much of what you said.  However, you are going to have to define “keep winning”.   I dont view what we have been doing for the 7 years of Seth as “keep winning”.    I think he is right around .500 record five or take a game?