The non-targeting Targeting call

Travis

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

watch it and only thing I could see was he never lowered his head and led with the crown, but it was an unnecessary hit and Adaway was already pinned. Sucks his season is finished because of a cheap shot

Not able to see a replay, but if contact was made to the helmet it should not matter if it was with the crown

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Thanks. Wren needs to be on the phone and throwing a shit-fit. The league need to suspend the Refs and the replay official. The WKU player should be suspended for the next game.

Not the refs, just the replay official.   The refs called it correctly.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

thanks, after watching again, now see he lowered the head, how the replay official missed it, does not make sense. Should be retroactive penalty on #20 and the officials need to be chatted with. Not even the lowering helmet, but also because the player was prone tangled up with an OLine man ending in a broken ankle. Fully on the replay official. 

27 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

#20 also launched into him

Did any of our coaches let the refs know they were wrong.

No. I think Seth did a surrender cobra for about 3 seconds with very minimal emotion and moved on. If I'm in those shoes I'm getting a 15 yarder on me and then I'm leaning into them even harder on principle set a point and create a game stoppage. It was utter BS. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 hours ago, NT93 said:

You’d  be complaining to referees who agree with you.  The refs on the field called it correctly.  If a call is overturned there’s not much you can do about it in the moment.  I agree that Wren should be appealing to conference officials, but arguing with people who made the correct call and getting a 15 yard penalty doesn’t seem very productive.  And at that point, the game was still in doubt so a 15 yard penalty would have been very bad.

Yeah, I understand that and I wouldn't care. Seth Littrell is the voice of the players on that sideline. He is there to coach them and to put his neck on the line for them. A scene should've been made to nationally shine light on this pitiful conference and their pitiful referees. 

• Upvote 2