Well....

Victorygreen04

38 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

How’d the now work out today?

Or is UAB already in the past?

SL's squads are improving from year to year (since 2019), but he still doesn't have that home-run win (UTSA, OOC, or Bowl) that he really needs to cool some people off.  Honestly, a win today would not have changed things, even though most agree that UAB is better than their record indicates.

Until that home-run comes, we're going to continue to see blood boil around here.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

How’d the now work out today?

Or is UAB already in the past?

You are absolutely right. That was hard to watch. I fully expected to win that game but 2 touchdowns or more.

I said before the WKU game that 5 losses may end it and 6 definitely would. I still feel like that 6th loss will be the end. He will need to do something he never has to save his job, win a conference title.

Edited by Cr1028

6 hours ago, MrAlien said:

For all those wanting to fire SL, who are you expecting the school him to replace him with?  You would have to expect the rest of the coaching staff to be out, as well as many players hitting the transfer portal.  It would almost certainly mean a full program rebuild, am I wrong? 

I think if a player is going to leave, he will leave regardless. Everyone was worried about losing players last year if SL was let go, and we lost players anyway. It's better to let people go who want to, and rebuild with those that want to stay and play for a new coach. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

It doesn't come down to one game, or even one season.

Seth's record against G-5 contemporaries through seven seasons is 35-38. These are the schools that he was paid the huge salary to consistently beat.

So, after seven years, we are slightly less than mediocre against comparable competition. That's "meh!" at best, and "meh!" doesn't sell tickets or build a program.

Seth had to do something special this season to justify North Texas retaining him. He didn't. We can't afford to prolong the "meh!".

He still has the opportunity to do so.   However, the margin for error is now nil.

Simply win out!  That’s all it takes!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

It doesn't come down to one game, or even one season.

Seth's record against G-5 contemporaries through seven seasons is 35-38. These are the schools that he was paid the huge salary to consistently beat.

So, after seven years, we are slightly less than mediocre against comparable competition. That's "meh!" at best, and "meh!" doesn't sell tickets or build a program.

Seth had to do something special this season to justify North Texas retaining him. He didn't. We can't afford to prolong the "meh!".

Look, I want to be wrong and for you to be right. 

I just think 7 wins gets him his extension if it’s before a bowl game. If it happens after a bowl game, I think that would be peak UNT to keep him around, but I don’t want that to happen. I’ve been very clear about that. But I know how money works here and we don’t have a lot of it. If we can avoid a buyout, while keeping the BMD that calls SL “like a son to me” happy, that usually wins out here. Maybe it doesn’t this time and it’s different, but if it was different, I don’t think SL would’ve gotten this year to prove himself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I think if a player is going to leave, he will leave regardless. Everyone was worried about losing players last year if SL was let go, and we lost players anyway. It's better to let people go who want to, and rebuild with those that want to stay and play for a new coach. 

Some players will always move, thats normal.  however, if a team is with out a head coach then I think you will have far more then the normal amount of players leave. 

21 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Some players will always move, thats normal.  however, if a team is with out a head coach then I think you will have far more then the normal amount of players leave. 

I don’t think anybody is leaving until a new coach is hired. If you make a good hire, players should want to stick around.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

1-4 so far against next years AAC. 

Just wondering what made you come to that conclusion?

We have the talent (outside of maybe quarterback) and the scheme to have won every game this season. Aune threw this game away just like he did at Memphis. The problem is the mistakes which falls on coaching.