Well....

Victorygreen04

On 10/29/2022 at 8:43 PM, Udomann said:

He lost that right 2 seasons ago. Should have been gone after last season, so straw manning us saying we will "still have reasons" is a complete misfire. He should be gone already. Anything short of a miracle season is reason enough to get rid of him.

We already have reasons, and nothing yet says we were wrong. 

On 10/29/2022 at 8:43 PM, Udomann said:

He lost that right 2 seasons ago. Should have been gone after last season, so straw manning us saying we will "still have reasons" is a complete misfire. He should be gone already. Anything short of a miracle season is reason enough to get rid of him.

So both of you are saying that a 10-4 coach should be fired after his conference championship and bowl win? 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

So both of you are saying that a 10-4 coach should be fired after his conference championship and bowl win? 

If you have a great bunch of 7th graders that dominate all the other 7th grade teams nearby, but when they go play the 7th graders that feed into the schools that win state championships and lose 4 times...is the 10 wins you got against the teams who are bad what you are after....or is it those 4 losses to the teams you aspire to be like that matter?

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5

On 10/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, emmitt01 said:

What do we do with Littrell? 

We let him coach next week.   Then the next, and so on, until it is clear he won’t win a conference title this year.  

If we wins a conference title, we let him coach next year.   If we draw a decent bowl opponent and win, we let him coach next year.  

You're going to be pissed when you find out winning a conference championship isn't a requirement for Littrell to keep his job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

If you have a great bunch of 7th graders that dominate all the other 7th grade teams nearby, but when they go play the 7th graders that feed into the schools that win state championships and lose 4 times...is the 10 wins you got against the teams who are bad what you are after....or is it those 4 losses to the teams you aspire to be like that matter?

If a train leaves Cleveland at 1:30 on the Tuesday before Christmas and a horse starts running north at dawn, how much was a bottle of Pepsi in 1982???

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:43 PM, Udomann said:

He lost that right 2 seasons ago. 

During 2020?  Only a fool uses that year as justification for anything, pro or con.

It looks like some are gonna try, though.

• Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, GRN-WHT said:

We lost to SMU, Memphis and UNLV all of whom are 4-4 by a combined score of 150-71. 

We are in no way prepared to compete in the AAC. 

We played the UNLV with Doug Brumfield. That UNLV was 4-1 when he got injured. They lost 3 in a row without him in blowout fashion. 

SMU is 5-4 with all four losses to really good teams, 2 current P5s and 2 that will be P5 next season. Those teams have a combined 30-7 record this year.

Those were the only blowout losses we had. We should’ve won Memphis and UTSA but made too many mistakes.

We will be fine in the AAC.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

We played the UNLV with Doug Brumfield. That UNLV was 4-1 when he got injured. They lost 3 in a row without him in blowout fashion. 

SMU is 5-4 with all four losses to really good teams, 2 current P5s and 2 that will be P5 next season. Those teams have a combined 30-7 record this year.

Those were the only blowout losses we had. We should’ve won Memphis and UTSA but made too many mistakes.

We will be fine in the AAC.

What are the excuses for the other 12 OOC G5 losses Seth has racked up in his tenure here? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

What are the excuses for the other 12 OOC G5 losses Seth has racked up in his tenure here? 

I don't see him excusing it.  I see him observing that SL has a possible good thing going NOW, and previous years might not matter as much.

I made a comment about this view before.  See below.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, greenminer said:

I think there are two views/sides solidifying on this board regarding SL:

1) People who recognize the improved team and are willing to see how it unfolds...including into next year as long as it continues.

2) People who recognize the improved team, and will not budge.  The last 7 years should mean he gets fired no matter what.  Or he has to win the conference/bowl game to even get consideration for 2023.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

For all those wanting to fire SL, who are you expecting the school him to replace him with?  You would have to expect the rest of the coaching staff to be out, as well as many players hitting the transfer portal.  It would almost certainly mean a full program rebuild, am I wrong? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Based on the standard some of you seem to have we should have been paying coach Dickey five times the salary he got. He won championships and went undefeated in conference. Based on what you guys are saying out of conference doesn't really matter.

You’ve been drinking too much Haterade at the other message board. 

You have Willie Fritz (who makes more than Littrell) as one of your G5 coaches of the year despite having worse overall and conference records at Tulane than Seth does here. You would’ve fired Fritz after he went 2-10 (2 wins shy of Littrell’s worst season) last season but now he is coach of the year worthy? You give Fritz courtesies you would never extend to our own head coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You’ve been drinking too much Haterade at the other message board. 

You have Willie Fritz (who makes more than Littrell) as one of your G5 coaches of the year despite having worse overall and conference records at Tulane than Seth does here. You would’ve fired Fritz after he went 2-10 (2 wins shy of Littrell’s worst season) last season but now he is coach of the year worthy? You give Fritz courtesies you would never extend to our own head coach.

I guess I missed it when Seth had us ranked. 

Didn't you make comments at the past doesn't matter? Can you honestly say that the job Fritz has done this year is not a very good job? Or you just have "haterade" for a coach who gets his team ranked?

41 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I guess I missed it when Seth had us ranked. 

Didn't you make comments at the past doesn't matter? Can you honestly say that the job Fritz has done this year is not a very good job? Or you just have "haterade" for a coach who gets his team ranked?

It is a good job Fritz is doing this year but no matter how well we finish this season this season several here (mostly from the M&G board) say there is no way Seth can doing anything to earn the right to stay. That logic wouldn’t have given Fritz the opportunity to have this season’s good job..

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I know this is an old post, so you're saying 7-7 warrants an extension  

I’m not sure if I thought there would be a chance of us being in the CUSA championship game, which would give us that extra loss, but I’ll stand by the idea that 7 wins gets SL an extension.

This Rice game is the biggest game in SL’s coaching career. It’ll be interesting to see how he coaches it and if we are loose or tight for this last regular season game at Apogee, in front of a packed house on Senior Day in the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Denton.

• Downvote 1