Well....

Victorygreen04

6 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We’re still better than probably half of the AAC next year. We’re fine. 

Depends on the teams we draw. As we’ve seen this season, the existing AAC teams are going to be challenging. There is a distinct size and speed difference. Plus, half way down the standings isn’t good enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Win a Conf Championship and you can give him a 24 month extension with a tiny buyout. 

The truth is we're probably a middle of the pack AAC team today.  I don't want to do the 3 to 4 season long song and dance of "it's okay to lose X number of games because we getting acclimated to playing the AAC" that long time Dentonites and your average Denton Country Club Hub Club Annex patron will put up with.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I get it that he's struggled in big games but let the hand play out and let the chips fall where they may. We'll settle up when the season's over. GO MEAN GREEN!!!

The hand HAS played out. We've seen what happens several times before. Stop well-wishing some dream scenario where we get to go to the prom with coach mumbles and win the crown. Its gonna be more pigs blood, and you know it

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

16 minutes ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

If Seth gets an extension, will Phil Bennett stay?  I believe he is on the last year of a two-year contract.  Big part of the improvement of the defense.  Is there someone in the wings to replace him if he retires?

Phil leaving is the built-in reason for it being okay if we suck next year. "Can't fire Littrell after 6 wins in 2023, Phil just left!"

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

21 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

. Even then, I'm sure you'll still have reasons for him to be fired. Litrell has earned the right finish the season before he's judged. 

He lost that right 2 seasons ago. Should have been gone after last season, so straw manning us saying we will "still have reasons" is a complete misfire. He should be gone already. Anything short of a miracle season is reason enough to get rid of him.

We already have reasons, and nothing yet says we were wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

This was a great win either way you look at it...the team is getting much better, hard to explain, but this is not the same team that lost to SMU! Defense kicked ass today and the offense is really coming on strong! We could win out the rest of the season, maybe!

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

What do we do with Littrell? 

We let him coach next week.   Then the next, and so on, until it is clear he won’t win a conference title this year.  

If we wins a conference title, we let him coach next year.   If we draw a decent bowl opponent and win, we let him coach next year.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, Udomann said:

The hand HAS played out. We've seen what happens several times before. Stop well-wishing some dream scenario where we get to go to the prom with coach mumbles and win the crown. Its gonna be more pigs blood, and you know it

PARK IT OR DRIVE IT! (There is no in-between). 
My dreams for this program all but went south that Saturday morning in December, 1978, when while laying in bed listening to KRLD sports it was announced that Hayden Fry had taken the Iowa job.  If I had known just how south all this would go the next 50 years I would have probably done like most of our other 400,000 NT Exes & just merely go dormant.  In those 50 years,  we who stuck around saw about 10-12 schools we were once at the same level go beep! beep! right past North Texas.

Other than the 50 year roller coaster ride of mostly non-winning seasons, watching all those schools say “bye, bye” to North Texas has been the worst part of all this but amazingly—
I still think UNT’s upside is still better than many who passed us by.  I guess what one man (namely) Bill Snyder did at Kansas State is still my own inspiration as to what UNT can still do. 
Bloom where planted & just enjoy the garden we have now. Hell, we were never going to get “the next Vince Lombardi” to come to Denton anyhow. 

••• See most of y’all at the Abner Haynes & Dr. Leon King Plaza Dedication this next Saturday.
This is history, folks.

Liberal or Conservative, it’s important that we all be at this event & show our support for those 2 State of Texas integration pioneers. 

715794D4-F096-4677-AF1F-130CCBAACF08.jpeg.cf6040243c3f7ea3bc36e51a712f28e6.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

11 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

He should be let go at the end of the season. Zero questions there. No matter how it plays out. 

If we fired an 10-4 conference winning, bowl winning coach, why would any future coach want to come to here? Maybe P5 powerhouses could get away with that, but that's not us.

• Upvote 3