***OFFICIAL UNT vs. WKU GAME THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

On 10/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Great game. Bullshit refs... Glad to leave their incapable asses in CUSA.

First time (probably last?) I've been been to WKU's stadium.  I thought it was a nice facility.  Not anywhere as nice as Apogee, but better than some of our current and former CUSA conference-mates.  While their stadium isn't as nice/grand as Apogee, their scoreboard and sound system are miles better than ours.  Also, I give their GameDay experience between plays a much higher rating.  I continue to be critical of UNT in this regard. 

If you want people to come to games, especially those with no connection to the University, you have to make every second of the time in the stadium fun. Lucky Lou's dice roll and Wren giving the 2017 Underwater Basketweaving team a plaque on the field still ain't it.  

The Lucky Lou's dice roll might the the worst in game entertainment I've ever seen. What's the point of having a game that almost impossible to win that's usually lost right away? Its so sad how they make the contestant keep rolling the dice even if they have nothing to win. 

If they insist on keeping the game they need to add more ways to win. How about giving a prize for rolling 3 or 4 of the same number? Maybe add another big prize for rolling a straight?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The Lucky Lou's dice roll might the the worst in game entertainment I've ever seen. What's the point of having a game that almost impossible to win that's usually lost right away? Its so sad how they make the contestant keep rolling the dice even if they have nothing to win. 

If they insist on keeping the game they need to add more ways to win. How about giving a prize for rolling 3 or 4 of the same number? Maybe add another big prize for rolling a straight?

Didn’t they used to have a 45 yard field goal attempt?  Glad they changed it to 20. That was nearly impossible for the average joe. 

5 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Didn’t they used to have a 45 yard field goal attempt?  Glad they changed it to 20. That was nearly impossible for the average joe. 

Remember when they gave a car away, the person had to pass and punt it and then kick the field goal.  The sad part is they made them stand at the back line of the end zone to start.  I think I recall if the wind was blowing they had to kick punt, throw and kick the field goal into the wind.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Not to beat a dead horse but I wonder if WB filed a complaint over the targeting call vs WKU.  Still angry about that. 

This might be a good question for SL at tonight’s show. It was a pretty chicken sh*t play from their player.  The picked up flag was even worse. Just awful. 

5 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

This might be a good question for SL at tonight’s show. It was a pretty chicken sh*t play from their player.  The picked up flag was even worse. Just awful. 

On Twitter, Vito said it was a tough judgment call and anyone complaining about it is wearing green tinted glasses  🤡

• Confused 1