***OFFICIAL UNT vs. WKU GAME THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I am enjoying it and have made positive comments today. However unlike some of you minions I'm not gonna act like the body of work over three years makes no difference. If you think this staff will be successful in the American then more power to you. 

Check my record. I'm not on the Aune bandwagon, but he's not been as bad as you're making it out to be, especially compared to last year. I'm not even saying that Littrell should be here next year but more so because I hope we could find better, not because he's horrible.  He's just ok.  This team is playing well starting at Memphis.  What's the last 3 1/2 years have to do with that?

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Credit where credit's due I can't be a pessimistic negative nancy this week.

Still at a loss over the non targeting call. Dirty hit in general, sad for Adaway and that RB room is getting thinner and thinner. Wonder if we will see Farrar or maybe more designed runs for Horton.

That non targeting call was complete bullshit. That's one of the worst I've seen against us. Right up there with the two non calls in the New Orleans Bowl against Troy. One was a crown of the helmet to Fine's chin, the other on our receiver.  

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

20 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Check my record. I'm not on the Aune bandwagon, but he's not been as bad as you're making it out to be, especially compared to last year.

Yes he is playing better than last year. I think the thing that has probably held him back the most is our lack of coaching to develop QBs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Great game. Bullshit refs... Glad to leave their incapable asses in CUSA.

First time (probably last?) I've been been to WKU's stadium.  I thought it was a nice facility.  Not anywhere as nice as Apogee, but better than some of our current and former CUSA conference-mates.  While their stadium isn't as nice/grand as Apogee, their scoreboard and sound system are miles better than ours.  Also, I give their GameDay experience between plays a much higher rating.  I continue to be critical of UNT in this regard. 

If you want people to come to games, especially those with no connection to the University, you have to make every second of the time in the stadium fun. Lucky Lou's dice roll and Wren giving the 2017 Underwater Basketweaving team a plaque on the field still ain't it.  

• Upvote 6

Great result today, I even have to applaud Aune who didn't throw any interceptions and had some really nice throws. Road wins are tough, road wins when the other team is celebrating homecoming add in another special element. Good job today Mean Green. 

What bullshit on that targeting call, clear as day. I hope Adaway is ok, really feel for him. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Great game. Bullshit refs... Glad to leave their incapable asses in CUSA.

First time (probably last?) I've been been to WKU's stadium.  I thought it was a nice facility.  Not anywhere as nice as Apogee, but better than some of our current and former CUSA conference-mates.  While their stadium isn't as nice/grand as Apogee, their scoreboard and sound system are miles better than ours.  Also, I give their GameDay experience between plays a much higher rating.  I continue to be critical of UNT in this regard. 

If you want people to come to games, especially those with no connection to the University, you have to make every second of the time in the stadium fun. Lucky Lou's dice roll and Wren giving the 2017 Underwater Basketweaving team a plaque on the field still ain't it.  

What about the Whataburger dance off, piped in "North...Texas" chant, or DJ whatever?????

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I am enjoying it and have made positive comments today. However unlike some of you minions I'm not gonna act like the body of work over three years makes no difference. If you think this staff will be successful in the American then more power to you. 

That was then. This is now.

• Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Aune is having one of the best seasons in CUSA

To me the numbers just don’t back that up.  He tied for 3 most interceptions and 3 worst in completion percentage.  I don’t know those things can be true and it be considered among the best.  There are only 11 teams, best I would rate his season is 4th.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

To me the numbers just don’t back that up.  He tied for 3 most interceptions and 3 worst in completion percentage.  I don’t know those things can be true and it be considered among the best.  There are only 11 teams, best I would rate his season is 4th.  

Aune leads the conference in TD passes, 3rd in passing yards, 3rd in passer rating. I would say anywhere between 2nd to 4th is pretty fair. Frank Harris is the only QB who you wouldn’t have much of an argument saying Aune is ahead, even though Aune has a higher passer rating.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Aune leads the conference in TD passes, 3rd in passing yards, 3rd in passer rating. I would say anywhere between 2nd to 4th is pretty fair. Frank Harris is the only QB who you wouldn’t have much of an argument saying Aune is ahead, even though Aune has a higher passer rating.

Frank Harris has the “it” factor working for him as we did a few short years ago with the great Mason Fine. Some have “it”—most do not.   (How soon can Mason be voted into the NT Sports Hall of Fame)?

GMG! 

ABNER HAYNES & DR. LEON KING PLAZA DEDICATION IS THIS COMING SATURDAY!9B81CB67-6562-4AA4-8069-C9AF00EF8A32.jpeg.77af27d74076cefa03fbf026c9c64c0e.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Great result today, I even have to applaud Aune who didn't throw any interceptions and had some really nice throws. Road wins are tough, road wins when the other team is celebrating homecoming add in another special element. Good job today Mean Green. 

What bullshit on that targeting call, clear as day. I hope Adaway is ok, really feel for him. 

I thought somebody said he broke his ankle and is out for the season. 

On 10/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Did they do a Kissin' Cousins Cam?

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2022 at 4:20 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

Feels like WKU’s offense has been really good for 20 years. Doesn’t matter the coach, conference, players….they always score points 

You have obviously forgotten their SunBelt years when they were the only team Dodge could beat! 

• Haha 1