Anyone Eyeballing Rice?

LitMedallion

As a trap game, yes. 😱

My first CFB game to ever attend was at Rice Stadium.  Baylor Bears vs the Rice Owls. (Maybe 15,000 fans in cavernous Rice Stadium).  

••• I can still close my eyes looking back to that special day (for me) & smell the aroma of pipe & cigar smoke. That aroma always reminded me of the SWC & UH football games of my youth.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

20 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

They are low key flying under the radar. They've beaten UAB two years in a row.

The FlaAt loss was close. They were close against Houston. USC stomped them 60 something to whatever.

Rice ends with UTEP, WKU, UTSA, and UNT in that order. 

It feels like they might play spoiler, but could work their way into the CUSA CG. 

Great post!  I think they are super dangerous.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

They are low key flying under the radar. They've beaten UAB two years in a row.

The FlaAt loss was close. They were close against Houston. USC stomped them 60 something to whatever.

Rice ends with UTEP, WKU, UTSA, and UNT in that order. 

It feels like they might play spoiler, but could work their way into the CUSA CG. 

Definitely flying under the radar, and capable of jumping up and biting any team in the conference if that team comes in expecting Rice to roll over like they have for the past decade.

• Upvote 3

I agree BUT they’ll be coming off of a big matchup against UTSA the week before and WKU the week before that!

meanwhile we have a BYE week and then we host Rice for senior day. If it was in Houston, I think we have a problem (haha) but I feel pretty confident.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I agree BUT they’ll be coming off of a big matchup against UTSA the week before and WKU the week before that!

meanwhile we have a BYE week and then we host Rice for senior day. If it was in Houston, I think we have a problem (haha) but I feel pretty confident.

NT has a pretty rough record after bye weeks under Littrell.   I don't know that I would count that as a positive.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

NT has a pretty rough record after bye weeks under Littrell.   I don't know that I would count that as a positive.

Well it’s more that Rice has the 2 toughest teams in the conference back to back than our BYE week. But you’re not wrong.

However, I just can’t see a loss here. Especially if we have our defense on lockdown like the past few games.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well it’s more that Rice has the 2 toughest teams in the conference back to back than our BYE week. But you’re not wrong.

However, I just can’t see a loss here. Especially if we have our defense on lockdown like the past few games.

I sort of see the Rice game as being Seth's last stand and very impactful to his future career whether he satys at North Texas or not.   To the outside world, that thinks North Texas is a barren wasteland, it would be very impressive to see how many bowls he led us to.   I could honestly see him get another HC gig like say that coach at Ohio or at Texas A&M Commerce etc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big Z said:

We beat them last year in Overtime and they beat UAB this season, when was the last time we beat UAB?

Sorry, I only focus on who they played this season, and in doing so I see they lost to teams we handily beat, soooooo?

Edited by Coffee and TV

46 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

It's SAD that I'm confident in the Mean Green's ability to win based on Rice's results this season? Do you hear yourself right now? You've completely lost your marbles. 

Are you serious? We still have 3 games before that and all you are thinking are the wins against FIU and Rice to get into a bowl game...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Are you serious? We still have 3 games before that and all you are thinking are the wins against FIU and Rice to get into a bowl game...

What? 

My dude you are bothered by the fact that when it's time to play Rice I believe we can win. Why is this upsetting to you? I'm genuinely losing my shit trying to understand.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

What? 

My dude you are bothered by the fact that when it's time to play Rice I believe we can win. Why is this upsetting to you? I'm genuinely losing my shit trying to understand.

Because you only have looked at two opponents that we beat and assume we will win. You forgot to look at the other games 

Lost to Houston by 7

Beat UAB

Beat ULL 

The only bad lost they had was against ranked USC