How Seth Littrell’s tenure at UNT will play out

DeepGreen

2 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

I mean the dream scenario is that he wins out and we win the rematch with UTSA and gets his first conference championship.  I can see him and Wren giving each other a huge bear hug in the middle of the Alamodome.

The real life scenario is he will get beat bad at WKU on the road, beat FIU at home, lose to UAB on the road and barely beat Rice at home to qualify for a shitty bowl that he will lose.

6-7 would surely get him fired…although I really fear a 6-win threshold gets SL an extension and the AD gets more Lovelace cash to pay bills and bonuses.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

6-7 would surely get him fired…although I really fear a 6-win threshold gets SL an extension and the AD gets more Lovelace cash to pay bills and bonuses.

You also claimed the Lovelaces were part of the group that gave RV a lifetime contract and would never fire him…

• Upvote 7
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

4 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

I mean the dream scenario is that he wins out and we win the rematch with UTSA and gets his first conference championship.  I can see him and Wren giving each other a huge bear hug in the middle of the Alamodome.

The real life scenario is he will get beat bad at WKU on the road, beat FIU at home, lose to UAB on the road and barely beat Rice at home to qualify for a shitty bowl that he will lose.

Man that sounds very familiar, almost like I have lived that season 3 times before.  Not possible right?  I mean only in the Twilight Zone would fans be cursed with coach mediocre mumbles for the better part of a decade, right?  😨😰😱

• Haha 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

That’s too realistic LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

That's honestly how I see the season playing out though Rice is truly a tossup now. Either way, if the season plays out like this, no way he is still here next year. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Lucky for us this forum keeps receipts...You were claiming RV would be here through 2018 and likely beyond just TWO WEEKS before RV was forced out lol

image.png.80a70b9acfcf723b6f99b23a71f460c0.png

Staying beyond 2018 is lifetime to you? Because that is what you claimed above.

Imagine being so mad that you went back and researched posts from 6 years ago to try and get someone? Internet posting is serious business apparently. If I ever do that, I'll know that I should go ahead and end it all.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Staying beyond 2018 is lifetime to you? Because that is what you claimed above.

Imagine being so mad that you went back and researched posts from 6 years ago to try and get someone? Internet posting is serious business apparently. If I ever do that, I'll know that I should go ahead and end it all.

Sucks getting exposed, huh?

And mad? Not even close. Just making sure everyone knows not to take anything you say seriously. Took me literally 5 minutes to find that gem. Can't imagine the hilarity I could dig up if I gave it some time. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Lucky for us this forum keeps receipts...You were claiming RV would be here through 2018 and likely beyond just TWO WEEKS before RV was forced out lol

Wow you were not kidding.  I had no idea this site kept records back to when it started.  The sarch feature can uncover some crazy posts from decades ago lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Wow! It's a live version of the Progressive Insurance "Life Jackets" commercial. Let go to the replay ...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Sucks getting exposed, huh?

And mad? Not even close. Just making sure everyone knows not to take anything you say seriously. Took me literally 5 minutes to find that gem. Can't imagine the hilarity I could dig up if I gave it some time. 

I guess so. You got me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Rather than admit you were wrong about RV before and you might be wrong this time, you poo poo on a dude who did a simple board search, and then re-affirm your insufferable position as the Eeyore of Mean Green athletics.

I did admit that I never thought RV would leave back when he did--back when I thought we had made an awesome hire in Seth Littrell, too.

Want me to admit it again right now? I never thought I'd see the day that the UNT 17 would get tired of being fleeced and that he would get fired in the way he did. We made a solid hire with Wren Baker, I know that.

I think that if you find me insufferable, then you should ignore my posts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Downvote 2