Top 5 Reasons Seth Must Stay/Go

Tom McKrackin

On 10/26/2022 at 12:09 AM, ntmeangreen11 said:

Just be prepared to be sold on the fact that we only have a couple senior starters and how many players from the two deep are returning in 2023 when we finish 6-6 and no news of a firing comes down the following week.

I am prepared to have my 2023 Saturdays free to just peek at them on TV and watch other programs willing do the uncomfortable/hard things necessary to be in the conference championship picture every season come mid November.   I suggest everyone on this board consider doing the same.  They are doing NOTHING for the reputation of the University rolling with coach mediocre mumbles under 0.500.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Proven winners. Herman, Skip Holtz, Fuentez,  all have been winners. Go ahead and keep seth tho, he's doing a losing job. 

Those proven winners have also proven to be losers enough to get fired and still don’t have a replacement coaching job unless you count Skip’s USFL gig.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I am prepared to have my 2023 Saturdays free to just peek at them on TV and watch other programs willing do the uncomfortable/hard things necessary to be in the conference championship picture every season come mid Novenber.   I suggest everyone on this board consider doing the same.  They are doing NOTHING for the reputation of the University rolling with coach mediocre mumbles under 0.500.

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree with you at all.  However, I do feel for the players and go to the games to support them.  If SL is given an extension it will be a hard choice to make

• Upvote 3

On 10/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, Cr1028 said:

Proven what? If they are available, there is a reason.

Come on man, you watch way too much college football to pretend like good coaches don't also get fired/leave for various reasons outside of "sucking too much". Gary Patterson is a proven coach available at the moment. Doesn't necessarily mean he's the right fit or could even be a good head coach again, but he's certainly a proven coach without a head job right now. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Come on man, you watch way too much college football to pretend like good coaches don't also get fired/leave for various reasons outside of "sucking too much". Gary Patterson is a proven coach available at the moment. Doesn't necessarily mean he's the right fit or could even be a good head coach again, but he's certainly a proven coach without a head job right now. 

I know you’re right, I just can’t stomach the idea of Fuente taking over. It feels way too much like if Seth had been hired by KSU, stunk it up, and we hired him back. Knowing what we know now we’d never make that choice.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

As Pat Fitzgerald coach at Northwestern said on an interview - Some years he's a genius and some years he doesn't know anything. Wisconsin just let go a coach with a great record. These guys don't forget how to coach, sometimes the situation changes.

• Upvote 2