Cool new retro North Texas gear

cousin oliver

6 hours ago, NT93 said:

We’re still fighting to NOT be called North Texas State, so let’s make a shirt that says North Texas State.

Seth has a North Texas State shirt.  I didn't know which way to take it...was he saying that we never surpassed our roots or that we've been around a long time.  Why would he wear that?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Just because people born before 1975 might accidently call us NTSU 

the same people that make up 90% of broadcast teams. The same people that we hear accidentally call us NTSU over and over again on our national broadcasts, in front of the rest of the college fandom world.

I love this idea, but the it did dawn on me that this is going to only hurt/extend their erroneous knowledge of our name.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

This is probably for homecoming.  Don't be surprised to see us in the green flying worm helmets and white jerseys.  We have not worn them this year and it would fit with homecoming.

At this point, it doesn't hurt anything.  I have degrees from both NTSU and UNT.  I would welcome some throwback stuff.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NT93 said:

I don’t disagree, but I think you can do retro without saying North Texas State.  For example, here’s a shirt I bought recently:

42B823AC-A493-4767-B61A-6512B849630F.thumb.jpeg.f0078e3f5976ae43d37f84329bf5cb21.jpeg

Exactly, just lose "state" permanently please.  Old logo, fonts, tints of our primary colors and etc are great.   I love the flying worm, and interlocking NT.  I could see using NTSU on a throwback swag but "state" should never be spelled out on anything newly produced again.  I think it's basic marketing.  What's next new throw back swag with "Normal" on it?  Tell you what if most of are still around in 25 years still pinning for gear with "state" on it I will get some custom made for you.  

90949C50-5628-442B-8D40-B60399C5CE15.webp

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/25/2022 at 1:04 PM, NT93 said:

We’re still fighting to NOT be called North Texas State, so let’s make a shirt that says North Texas State.

We've been trying (unsuccessfully) to forge an identity, and we're now promoting a long deceased logo from a half century ago?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

15 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Still hate we didn’t go with apple green jerseys or pants for the flying worm throw backs. 

From what I understand, the company that makes the jerseys said they could only do the numbers in apple green.  I think we went with that even though back in the day we had the apple green pants too.

There was a time back then that we wore white with apple green numbers as our home jersey.  We could not get the tear away jersey in apple green so we went with white at home to wear them full time.  After tear-aways were outlawed, we went back to green at home.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

From what I understand, the company that makes the jerseys said they could only do the numbers in apple green.  I think we went with that even though back in the day we had the apple green pants too.

This is correct.  Nike was not offering that in their jersey palette so we had to go with white.  Hope that changes someday.

• Upvote 1