Helton: ‘We still want to control our fate

Dannymacfan

“I don’t think anything changed, other than their head coach is a very good head coach. I know him well. He’s going to have his players trained. When the hard times come, that’s a testament to who you are and what your program is. Are you strong enough to overcome? One thing coach (Seth) Littrell is always going to do is he’s going to make sure his guys overcome,” Helton said. “That doesn’t surprise me because they did hit a tough stretch there, but now they’ve worked through that and they’ve come back this season – for them to do what they did last season under the circumstances and I think they had the longest winning streak in the conference up to UTSA, that says a lot.

“He’s a good coach. He’s a guy that always has his players ready to play and it doesn’t surprise me one bit they’re at where they’re at right now.”

WKU opened as an 11-point favorite for the game, which is set to be televised on Stadium.

“Should be a tremendous challenge, but it’s good we get them at home. Big conference game for sure, just like last week,” Helton said. “Coach Littrell does a great job of preparing his guys and I know they had a tough one last week against UTSA – as in the lead for most of the game and it was a back and forth game and UTSA was able to pull it off. I know they’ll have their jaw set trying to come in here and win and so will we. It should make for a great matchup. Looking forward to it.”

Read more:  https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/helton-we-still-want-to-control-our-fate/article_e779905d-ce62-587f-a469-7ca2ab327b40.html

• Thanks 1