DRC: Veteran official -- No call on TD catch at end of UTSA's win over UNT was the right one

Brett Vito

11 hours ago, NT93 said:

I didn’t think it should have been called, given the way the rest of the game had been called.  Now, had they been calling it tight all game, then they have to call it.

I tend to agree... UTSA play makers just made some incredible plays on that last drive.  Frank Harris is UTSA's Mason Fine basically - will be glad when he graduates  🙂

I do feel we should have called a time out after the 1-handed TE catch down the middle (before the TD) to give our guys a breather and really get setup properly.  That's a miss on our coaches IMHO.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Can we move on? It was a borderline play that didn’t go our way. This didn’t cost us the game on its own.

No run game, dropped passes and an inaccurate QB that make the margin for error for the offense incredibly small hard to sustain long drives.  You can't have any missed opportunities when he throws the ball on target and on time.  And defense just isn't good enough to be expected to hold a good offense under 30.  Two FG drives by UNT and the refs don't matter.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Why would you even report this you fvcking chump

9 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Agreed this makes it seem like there were a bunch of people asking for this. Even in slow-mo the push off doesn't look that bad what was the point of this?

Go back and look at the last few pages of the in-game thread (after that play) and you'll see why.   A vast majority of people on here were saying we lost the game because of OPI.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

We did lose the game because of the OPI.

I guess, according to Vito's unnamed former ref's opinion,    ... no we didn't.

There's no chance that would get called there in a back-&-forth, competitive game like that.    No way.   

Only DPI gets called there, or an egregious push-off that everyone & their dog would agree with. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

Yes, that was there. 

That's not enough contact to me but I also like physical play. 

7 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

We did lose the game because of the OPI.

We got 19 less first downs, 150 less yards, and lost by 4. We had no business being in that game. We lost because of an incompetent quarterback who allows the opposing defense to stack the box and play the run without consistently punishing them by being an efficient passer.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

That's not enough contact to me but I also like physical play. 

I'm okay with physical play, but the refs were tickytacky all night. Should have been called based on how the refs were calling the game previously. There were some PIs earlier that were BS too if you go by the physical play standard.

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, believe me guy, I’ve seen it.  It’s just not enough to call there.   They got a big receiver & picked on the little guy.   It is what it is, and it’s never going to be called there

Should be based on how they called PI in the game. See previous. 

• Eye Roll 2