In game presentation

Hunter Green

Anyone who was at the last game. Did you like the in game nutsac presentation? Maybe because it was a closed dome that amplified a pretty good crowd. I thought their announcer did a good job of getting the crowd into it by yelling "UT!" And the crowd following with "SA!" Maybe our PA guy could get involved with our "NORTH TEXAS!" chant. Do three rounds of it instead of it just trailing off like it usually does. If you've been to our softball games, our ladies come out of the dugout and do that very thing. They yell "NORTH!" three times with the crowd yelling "TEXAS" after each one. Very crisp and easier to participate when you know it isn't going to go on and on.

JMHO

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

The radio broadcast also commented on the presentation. I believe Hank said it was the “best presentation he’s seen since Kansas City Monday Night Football”.  We definitely have room to grow in that area. Wish we gave them the L. 

Who is in charge of such things? If memory serves, FFR has offered his services in the past on spirit matters.  Result?

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

Ha ha. This is the sort of little thing that NT has never been able to wrap their mind around. Problem is, there are about a thousand of such little things.

Are you implying that the Game Day experience has not been one of our Athletic Departments strong points? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to see our band there.   Glad they were!   I didn't see any mention of them traveling in the weekly pregame posts or news, but maybe it was.  Might have enticed some other NT fans to attend.  Just little things noticed from the customer side of the presentation. 

• Upvote 2

I am glad you posted about the pregame and acoustics. I was impressed. The game atmosphere was like an nfl game. It was well done.  Very polished producer. I was surprised at how many tents they had for tailgate. Certainly a non-traditional location. 

it is different from a traditional college game but since they have an indoor stadium I believe it all makes sense. 

i was shocked when the aac announced they have been chosen over la tech. I could not get my head wrapped around la tech’ overachieving football and good bball past. BUT, after see their crowd and game day experiance I may have not given them their due. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

I am glad you posted about the pregame and acoustics. I was impressed. The game atmosphere was like an nfl game. It was well done.  Very polished producer. I was surprised at how many tents they had for tailgate. Certainly a non-traditional location. 

it is different from a traditional college game but since they have an indoor stadium I believe it all makes sense. 

i was shocked when the aac announced they have been chosen over la tech. I could not get my head wrapped around la tech’ overachieving football and good bball past. BUT, after see their crowd and game day experiance I may have not given them their due. 

How was their PA announcer in person?  He seemed annoying and over-the-top hearing him in the background of the televised broadcast.  

6 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I am surprised the crowd was listed as only 27K...  it seemed louder. 

And capacity is listed at only 36,500.  They must have some upper sections closed off?

I thought the announcer said they opened part of the upper deck for a game earlier in the season.  Led me to believe that the upper deck is generally closed, but I could easily be mistaken.

Looks like they closed off a lot of seats from the built capacity, perhaps the whole upper deck (similar to Rice):

"The Alamodome is a 64,000-seat domed indoor multi-purpose stadium in San Antonio, Texas.... The facility opened on May 15, 1993, having been constructed at a cost of $186 million.

18 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I thought the announcer said they opened part of the upper deck for a game earlier in the season.  Led me to believe that the upper deck is generally closed, but I could easily be mistaken.

Usually closed off unless ticket sells are showing that it needs to be opened up.  Was opened up for the Houston game and then UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1