Let's Talk About the Altercation After the Game...

Side.Show.Joe

I would not be surprised by this. The coaches were very animated during the game. More than usual. I watched Seth and he looked very uptight. I imagine they know their jobs were on the line. Not sure I have ever felt that pressure. Seth believed there was a push off on the last play. Again like I mentioned earlier, the game had an intense vibe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

UTSA’s swarming D reminded me of a UH Coog type of D back when they were good (& ranked).  If it’s taking UTSA to wake us up in Denton Town then so be it.  
Remember 30,000 plus MG fans at Apogee last time UH visited Denton & how they kept returning punt returns for TD’s? 
OK, I’m tired of hearing how Traylor has been voted Most Likely To Succeed by every friggin’ HS football coach in the state of Texas.(sarc’)       
(Of course,  probably 25% of that entire group have degrees from UNT).😏

I agree with Deep Green inasmuch that I think Traylor has out-recruited us for AAC kind of talent compared to that which has kept us a little above average in CUSA.  
•••Don’t misunderstand, I feel North Texas still has a number of AAC level talent now, but we just need more since SMU is still going to be in the AAC.  

We’d also better get excited about NIL & portal transfer recruiting as well because that is the wave of the future.  
GMG!              
 (How about that Texada)?

F0225805-BCEB-41FB-9A17-537A2263392D.jpeg.539d0723bcf95cd31663696c35d7cf79.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Can’t find anything else about it other than UTSA fans calling UNT names and saying we started it because we’re losers lol

Rumors of the incident were circulating last night, but I ignored it until Vito chimed in stating heard it play out. Something happened. I wish someone would report on it. Hint. Hint. 

• Upvote 3

I hear the coaches went to get KFC before the game when Traylor walked in and flashed his KFC store owner badge. He then advised his kitchen staff the UNT coaches were not welcome unless UNT beat UTSA and they were made to leave. It was indeed a very heated altercation that clearly carried over to the halls following UTSA's own game winning drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Moobs said:

There’s no way Seth was emotional enough to get into an “altercation.”  It doesn’t happen. I won’t believe it. It didn’t happen. That man is a robot. 

You didn’t watch the 2016 game then. Seth Litt was ready to knock the butter off McElwain’s teeth.

• Upvote 1

Don’t forget!  UTSA comes back to Apogee in 2023!  Hell, maybe we’ll have a foot of snow waiting for ‘em! 🤗

Hey Young NT Alums & Fans!  The Mean Green hosted Florida State at venerable Fouts Field in Bobby Bowden’s 1st year as the FSU coach.  Took me almost 2 hours to drive from Irving to Denton & others it took longer.  

17 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

image.png.f7404fd6523d7c7dee164dc33cb40afd.png

I had not seen this posted yet. Anyone have insight into this? Seems like Vito isn't talking to us about it.

Apparently, it was about the 4th down call. This is why I didn't talk to any UNT fans after the game. It was an emotional game and any words can trigger emotions or be taken out of context. Simply put, UNT's OC out OC'ed the shit out of UTSA's OC and almost came away with a win. From my eyes, it was an absolutely brilliant game plan that was only brought down by dropped passes. Defensively, both teams picked their poison, but UTSA's OC didn't see it until the 4th quarter. I think he lucked into 200 yards of rushing as a team, to be honest. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Moobs said:

There’s no way Seth was emotional enough to get into an “altercation.”  It doesn’t happen. I won’t believe it. It didn’t happen. That man is a robot. 

It was assistants. UTSA school president had to get in between. Bad look for both staffs, but thankfully it was "behind closed doors" sort of. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

It was assistants. UTSA school president had to get in between. Bad look for both staffs, but thankfully it was "behind closed doors" sort of. 

Agreed on this.

But as you have your HC firmly in place for the forseeable future, it just adds fuel to the fire to get rid of Littrell and his inability to lead a program.

Assistant coaches fighting with the other team about calls that didn't go their way? Bush league and completely unacceptable on all fronts.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

12 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

Don't like the school president having to get in the middle of those things.... I can see why they would be upset about that call, im sure from the field it looked like a bunch of BS.  I didnt believe it until seeing the replay on the tv.  They actually gave us a half yard less than what was really earned after the review.  Pivotal play.

• Upvote 1