Now that Charlotte has fired Will Healy

meangreenfaninno

2 hours ago, Snowy said:

Sorry, he's not going to get fired when he's tied for second place in the conference.

This schedule is a slippery slope since we just got to the meat of it. We very well could be going into the Rice game, which is no longer a gimme, still looking to become bowl eligible 

• Upvote 2

SL ain’t going anywhere until a 7th loss makes an appearance on the standings. 

Wren knows he can’t because he already would have if he could. He’s no idiot like the last guy. He knows we suck and have very little support and very little media for the money we spend now. But here at UNT, the BMDs, all 17 of them, have an amazing amount of influence, since they have money and have basically bought the program on the cheap. They like SL, one of them call him “like a son”, and he’s given every chance to “earn” that extension. And make no mistake, a 7-win season against the easiest schedule in our history since returning to FBS is the curb-level hurdle SL has to step over to get another 3-4 years. And the Lovelace Bash will be Lit…

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

As much as i want him gone, he won’t be gone in the next few weeks. I suspect that the earliest he’ll be gone is the end of the season. As another stated, UNT is 2nd in CUSA rn after barely losing to UTSA so a firing won’t happen anytime soon. Honestly if he wins 7 games then i bet he stays for another season

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

As much as i want him gone, he won’t be gone in the next few weeks. I suspect that the earliest he’ll be gone is the end of the season. As another stated, UNT is 2nd in CUSA rn after barely losing to UTSA so a firing won’t happen anytime soon. Honestly if he wins 7 games then i bet he stays for another season

Yes whatever decision is made will likely be made at the end of the season.

• Upvote 2