Club Lit Closed as Charlotte fires Will Healy

Pavlovs Eagle

51 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I mean I see where you're getting at, but this is hardly comparable to Littrell's situation...

So you’re saying you’re ok with mediocrity?  Here’s a program that made a move a lot sooner than we did.  Seems like they are taking the move to The American quite seriously.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, meangreenfaninno said:

So you’re saying you’re ok with mediocrity?

If I was, I would have said that. 

I just said the situations aren't exactly comparable. If Seth was 1-7 then I think literally everyone would be calling for his head at this point. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I guess if we hadn't beat Rice last year when we were 1-6 going into a Halloween weekend game we could have fired him?  

I think his overall record was still a little better at that time, but yes, going on the win streak and beating UTSA probably saved him his job. Chip Kelly was undefeated until yesterday, but had they not come from behind and beaten South Alabama in the last second in week 3, he would be without a job. Instead he hands on and they're #9 in the country a few weeks later. You can play the ifs and buts game all day, but as it currently stands Seth is doing just enough to hang onto his job at the moment. 

I'll say this though: doesn't matter what SL does the rest of the season, if he loses to FIU like this coach did it'll be enough to be let go. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I guess if we hadn't beat Rice last year when we were 1-6 going into a Halloween weekend game we could have fired him?  

I bet he would’ve been. I think we were waiting on that 7th regular season loss to pull the trigger and it never happened. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I’m in the camp that it’s time to find another coach, but comparing these situations is disingenuous at best.  

You're right.  Charlotte wants to change its trajectory and prepare for a new conference... UNT wants to see if we get to the New Mexico bowl with our sub .500 coach and not offend a big donor.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

You're right.  Charlotte wants to change its trajectory and prepare for a new conference... UNT wants to see if we get to the New Mexico bowl with our sub .500 coach and not offend a big donor.

They’re 1-7.  I bet he’s not shown the door if they were 4-4.

After roughly the same amount of games, SL was 23-17 at UNT.  So again, there is no comparison.  I doubt SL has had any stretch in his tenure here when he was 17-23.

Again, I’m ready for a change at UNT, but trying to compare the situations is absurd.

Edited by NT93
Added info
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

42 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Charlotte would’ve loved to been in our position right now. Conversely, if we are 1-7, Wren is already searching for the replacement. They aren’t the same. Calling the situation different is not the same as saying we are satisfied with where we are. We can say we are unsatisfied while also saying we are better off than them.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Meanwhile, Wren is silent. No tweets, no comments, no sightings at games, nothing. A complete 180 based on his first years here. 

This is false. He walked around the entire blue lot before the SMU game to mingle with the tailgaters and I’ve seen him on the sidelines while watching games on Stadium/ESPN+

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1