Look At The Bright Side

DeepGreen

3 hours ago, untcampbell said:

NewDenton doesn't come to the games because the stadium is across the highway. 

But, 

GMG

I remember an Oklahoma Highway Patrolman stopping you on the way back to Old/New Denton from that OU game post-Civil War. So does SUMG!🤗

Sorry Scottie, bet you’d already forgotten that incident until—?😱

GMG!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

#OldDenton - look to other teams failures to offset ours.

El Paso Eagle, you’re better than that.  I am far from happy in the outcome of the game yesterday.  NutsaK had an easy game plan to defend NT.  Stop the run!  That’s it.  They knew we were weak the QB position.  We did have our chance to win but couldn’t close it out.

This may not be a popular comment but I think NutsaK recruits better than we do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1

26 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

El Paso Eagle, you’re better than that.  I am far from happy in the outcome of the game yesterday.  NutsaK had an easy game plan to defend NT.  Stop the run!  That’s it.  They knew we were weak the QB position.  We did have our chance to win but couldn’t close it out.

This may not be a popular comment but I think NutsaK recruits better than we do.

Honestly I am surprised others have not done the same. And yes, we are in trouble recruiting, especially transfers. However, I will give credit for the players Seth has picked up from the lower levels

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, untcampbell said:

NewDenton doesn't come to the games because the stadium is across the highway. 

But, 

GMG

And it is too hot to sit in the sun. Same reason the Rangers moved out of the best stadium in baseball to a barn that looks like Minute Maid 2.0. Sign of the times 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Our fans are some of the biggest social sports climbers in college football.  50 years of all this has shown me that (among a few other things).
Ex UNT AD  Craig Helwig once told me that I was very astute about things concerning North Texas football.  I told him I was merely self taught, informed & like many UNT alums passionate about our school & that I always thought UNT‘s (here’s that word we all hate)

••••••••• “potential”•••••••••••

was astounding—-matter a fact it still is. 
Still, it seems most UNT head coaches in my adult lifetime left Denton pissed or bitter or both. Most all of us wanted SL (who is honesty a good person from all accounts); well most wanted him to be a raging success,  but I don’t know if his timeline will allow that.  All us romanticist & those who pull for happy endings still pull for an underdog.   

••• FANS:  FICKLE OR FAITHFUL?
When we lose at UNT we’re like Saint Peter of crowing rooster fame; that is, denying we ever had anything “to do with any of that stuff happening over there in west Denton”, but when we win it becomes one of those  “we were with ‘em all the way” kind of things. So In that regard, I guess we fit in with a very large group of other human beings who sometimes act like—-St. Peter?😇 
Yet through it all•••Still Mean Green & still think all that potential is there for U of North Texas.   GMG! 

🟠🟢Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN.—site of the North Texas Mean Green’s biggest win in school history versus an SEC “7 & 4” Tennessee Volunteers football team.

F295DBA5-E5F8-4379-A54C-CB56B3E64E07.jpeg.c5b16df8b8e7854a456490aa8610695e.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

We are out of it. Every other team knows all they have to do is load up on the run and Aune can't beat them with his arm.

Lamenting the days of Mason Fine and Graham Harrell. We were so balanced offensively. No wonder we were so good. If they wanted to stack the box to stop Jeff, Mason would dice them up. If they wanted to play coverage, Jeff would run for 150 and a couple TDs. It was beautiful to watch.

If I'm an opposing coach, I'm putting 7-8 in the box every down. Aune is not good and everyone but Seth/Bloesch knows it.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Lamenting the days of Mason Fine and Graham Harrell. We were so balanced offensively. No wonder we were so good. If they wanted to stack the box to stop Jeff, Mason would dice them up. If they wanted to play coverage, Jeff would run for 150 and a couple TDs. It was beautiful to watch.

If I'm an opposing coach, I'm putting 7-8 in the box every down. Aune is not good and everyone but Seth/Bloesch knows it.

Yeah, that 2017 team was one of my favorite Mean Green teams ever.

And I think SL & MB know what they have at QB.  There's just not a better option on the roster.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, that 2017 team was one of my favorite Mean Green teams ever.

And I think SL & MB know what they have at QB.  There's just not a better option on the roster.

Probably true, but another reflection on this staff. If you are a QB, might these be some things you were looking for?

1. Good Offensive line ✔️
  2. Good receivers✔️
  3. Good Tight Ends✔️
  4. Good running backs✔️
  5. Coaches who can help you develop🤬

Seems #5 might outweigh all of the positives

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

You mean this Mason Fine? (So many UNT fans had already left Apogee before the game winning drive even began. (My ex UNT roommate & I were “almost” 2 of them).

GMG!

Yeah the student section started filing out after that three-and-out (or was it a four-and-out) with 2 minutes to go, but I think we still had all of our timeouts? I said no way!!

I am really sick of the old Denton and new Denton references...put an exciting winning program on the field and they will come.  What about old alumni and new alumni?  How many of them come to games....very few.

• Upvote 5