It’s over

Tom McKrackin

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

You’re talking about what is mathematically possible. I’m an sticking strictly to what has happened, and what will most likely happen.

this will be a 5, maybe 6 win season.

I’m talking about giving a coach a chance to accomplish our goals before demanding he be fired. Crazy concept, I know. 

Like I’ve always said, my bar before the season was 8-5. I’m not going to demand Littrell be fired before that’s impossible. Especially, when we still have a good chance at making the CUSA championship. 

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I’m talking about giving a coach a chance to accomplish our goals before demanding he be fired. Crazy concept, I know. 

Dude had 6 years. I'm beyond giving more chances. He better blow my mind for me to be happy with the thought of keeping him

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

27 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

The issues run way deeper than one game. We could have called this script before the season even started. Littrell beats teams with a losing record and can’t beat teams with a winning record. We will now probably struggle to get bowl eligible, barely get it, then get blown out in a bowl game, if that. He can’t put a complete team together in all 3 phases any year he’s been here. He hasn’t developed a competent QB since Mason Fine and he hasn’t won any silverware in 7 years. It’s the same thing with this team year after year and he keeps firing coordinators saying next year will be better. At some point, all of the blame points in the same direction and now and after Year 7, it has to fall on Littrell.

This. It's not about 1 game or even this season. It's about the entire body of work over 7 years. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Like I’ve always said, my bar before the season was 8-5. I’m not going to demand Littrell be fired before that’s impossible. Especially, when we still have a good chance at making the CUSA championship. 

Agreed, I get that there is lots of emotion right now but you have to let this thing play out until the point of no return. For me he's on the knife's edge, as 1 more loss would take us out of CG contention and even is he goes 4-1 finishing 7-5 is not enough of an improvement for me. He needs another miracle run to finish 8-4 in my eyes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, Rowdy said:

Why? That’s one conference loss. Wouldn’t doubt for a minute that todays game gets relayed for the championship. 

KFC will most likely be there.  Our career 55% passer is going to have to exceed that average for the rest of the season for us to get there.  Seth isn't going bench him unless he plays even worse.  That means losing 2 more conference games.  (First one with Aune throwing an interception or two AND completing less than 40% of his passes with adequate pass protection on most passes.  Then the 2nd one with the rusty backup being asked to do too much).   Force me at gun point to bet something significant I could not look at  my family in the face and bet on us to get there.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Is this Littrell's last year or is he on contract through next? 

Through next year. But you never see a coach on the last year of a deal. If he’s brought back it will be on a 2 year extension with a small buyout, IMO. Unless he wins conference, Littrell won’t have much bargaining power. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Through next year. But you never see a coach on the last year of a deal. If he’s brought back it will be on a 2 year extension with a small buyout, IMO. Unless he wins conference, Littrell won’t have much bargaining power. 

This is kind of how I see things turning out. Does he necessarily leave or would he use his last year as a hopeful resume builder then? 

• Upvote 2

Look at the teams we have lost too this year. SMUT has a losing record and smashed us.  Memphis is a a middle pack team and they beat us soundly.  UNLV is a 500 team in the MWC.    If these are not red flags about our future then I don't what is?   I think we have beaten SMUT once since SL has been here and most games are not even close.

If we keep SL and extend him we might as well see if Judy will take us back.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We can still finish 8-4 and go to the C-USA championship. Why the hell would you fire a coach now? It’s accomplishes nothing.
If we lose to WKU and UAB, sure, fire him. But until that happens you’re just wasting your breath.

I think we know what Mrs.Litrell’s screen name is. This person is the head of SLs fan club and it ain’t even close…

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Some on this board were saying last week that even if we beat UTSA and won out, Littrell should still be fired. That’s the kind of genius you’ll find on GMG.com 

And as predicted, he didn’t win out now did he? So what excuse are you hanging onto now? If hE GoEs 7-5 he SHoulD come bacK and Not be Fured!!! GMG suXxors!! You aLL are stupid!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

And as predicted, he didn’t win out now did he? So what excuse are you hanging onto now? If hE GoEs 7-5 he SHoulD come bacK and Not be Fured!!! GMG suXxors!! You aLL are stupid!!! 

I never said we’d win out. I just pointed out how insane it is that it wouldn’t have even been good enough for some on this forum. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Some on this board were saying last week that even if we beat UTSA and won out, Littrell should still be fired. That’s the kind of genius you’ll find on GMG.com 

Baker chose to bring back Littrell after a sizable portion of our fans called for him to be fired. There are always additional problems when the fan base is fractured (attendance, donations, infighting, ... ) So this is the reality everyone has to deal with. And it's only getting worse the longer the Littrell situation drags out. Nobody wins in this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Rowdy said:

I’m feeling pretty good about this comment now. Still thinking it’s over???

No but it should be if they loose more than one game the rest of the way.  Because that probably means they lost the the chance to play in the championship and bowl game.  And I hope championship game and Bowl loss back to back doesn’t give him “oh you were competitive enough and one game over 0.500” extension.

26 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I am glad to be wrong about this game.  If we extend SL contract we get what we deserve.

You are correct.  Running the table from this point on should be the ONLY way an extension CONSIDERED.   And even then tacking on 2 years max at the same annual salary or you can resign for 1/2 your buyout.  I am sure he could get an assistant P5 job.  Especially if they run the table.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4