It’s over

Tom McKrackin

28 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Why? That’s one conference loss. Wouldn’t doubt for a minute that todays game gets relayed for the championship. 

If it does, it will be in the Alamodome again, and we'll lose again.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, Rowdy said:

Why? That’s one conference loss. Wouldn’t doubt for a minute that todays game gets relayed for the championship. 

Some on this board were saying last week that even if we beat UTSA and won out, Littrell should still be fired. That’s the kind of genius you’ll find on GMG.com 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

34 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Some on this board were saying last week that even if we beat UTSA and won out, Littrell should still be fired. That’s the kind of genius you’ll find on GMG.com 

You're right. We should suffer mediocrity until the stars align and the season proves a miraculous change from history.

I can't tell if you are just trying to be disparate for fun and trolling or if you literally haven't watched this team the past few years. For the amount of input UNT has put in, we are not getting the output. 

We aren't terrible. We aren't good. We are just...meh. And you seem perfectly ok with that

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Udomann said:

You're right. We should suffer mediocrity until the stars align and the season proves a miraculous change from history.

I can't tell if you are just trying to be disparate for fun and trolling or if you literally haven't watched this team the past few years. For the amount of input UNT has put in, we are not getting the output. 

We aren't terrible. We aren't good. We are just...meh. And you seem perfectly ok with that

Im okay with mediocrity because I like laughing at some of the clown takes this board makes? Sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

48 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It doesn't really matter: we are right on par for what SL has established.  We lost another meaningful game, to another above 0.500 team.

This is what we have come to expect, and it is what will again unfold.  So, who wants to continue down this path? You? Wren? I sure hope not.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, greenminer said:

It doesn't really matter: we are right on par for what SL has established.  We lost another meaningful game, to another above 0.500 team.

This is what we have come to expect, and it is what will again unfold.  So, who wants to continue down this path? You? Wren? I sure hope not.

We can still finish 8-4 and go to the C-USA championship. Why the hell would you fire a coach now? It’s accomplishes nothing.
If we lose to WKU and UAB, sure, fire him. But until that happens you’re just wasting your breath.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We can still finish 8-4 and go to the C-USA championship. Why the hell would you fire a coach now? It’s accomplishes nothing.
If we lose to WKU and UAB, sure, fire him. But until that happens you’re just wasting hot air. 

I miss that kind of optimism. But you know as well as the rest of us exactly how this is going to play out. If we win out and actually don't get blown out in a championship game, I'll dress up as a clown and post it for you.

But we all know .500 Seth and 50% Aune don't work that way.

Search Your GIF - Search Your Feelings - Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, Rowdy said:

The issues run way deeper than one game. We could have called this script before the season even started. Littrell beats teams with a losing record and can’t beat teams with a winning record. We will now probably struggle to get bowl eligible, barely get it, then get blown out in a bowl game, if that. He can’t put a complete team together in all 3 phases any year he’s been here. He hasn’t developed a competent QB since Mason Fine and he hasn’t won any silverware in 7 years. It’s the same thing with this team year after year and he keeps firing coordinators saying next year will be better. At some point, all of the blame points in the same direction and now and after Year 7, it has to fall on Littrell.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I miss that kind of optimism. But you know as well as the rest of us exactly how this is going to play out. If we win out and actually don't get blown out in a championship game, I'll dress up as a clown and post it for you.

But we all know .500 Seth and 50% Aune don't work that way.

Search Your GIF - Search Your Feelings - Discover & Share GIFs

I have no idea how it’s going to play out. All I know is if we win next week we’re in the driver’s seat to make the championship game. I’d rather focus on that than demand our coach be fired. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

43 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If we lose to WKU and UAB, sure, fire him. But until that happens you’re just wasting your breath.

You’re talking about what is mathematically possible. I’m an sticking strictly to what has happened, and what will most likely happen.

this will be a 5, maybe 6 win season.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If I'm not mistaken, as of today they are the only team we have played that is currently above 500

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1