Aune better not see the field again this season

peanuts104

This thread has to be a bit. Blame the QB who threw for 325 and 3 TDs, not the O line and running game who managed 22 yards, not the defense that couldn't get a stop or even slow the opponent down when it mattered.... no, blame the QB. My God man, maybe football ain't your thing. #GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I must have seen a different game. I saw a quarterback that passed for ALL of the touchdowns the team scored, 325 yards, and an amazing 21.6 yards per catch! And, this quarterback gave a lead to the defense with under 2 minutes to go and UTSA had NO time outs. Aune obviously did NOT lose the game. 

That’s the game a normal person would have seen. Don’t worry that’s the game fans and recruits and local people saw. A great effort. Even though it was on stadium and not ESPN plus. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I must have seen a different game. I saw a quarterback that passed for ALL of the touchdowns the team scored, 325 yards, and an amazing 21.6 yards per catch! And, this quarterback gave a lead to the defense with under 2 minutes to go and UTSA had NO time outs. Aune obviously did NOT lose the game. 

I don't give a flying fvck about the stats and numbers. Aune failed in the same way he's failed in almost every game we've played. He can't throw the ball worth a fvck. Bench his ass.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

This thread has to be a bit. Blame the QB who threw for 325 and 3 TDs, not the O line and running game who managed 22 yards, not the defense that couldn't get a stop or even slow the opponent down when it mattered.... no, blame the QB. My God man, maybe football ain't your thing. #GMG

You not understanding things isn't my problem.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1

It is all on the head coach.  He didn't hire a qb coach and he could find a better  qb than Aune.  Aune should never be on the field but if he is the best of the rest than SL cant evaluate qbs. 

SL wont play for the future he is trying to keep his big pay check coming in.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The quarterback was what we expected- great at moments and very disappointing at others. Non existent run game and their players made plays on that last drive was the difference. Great game all around. 

What was frustrating was the drive with 6:30 to go (and the lead) and we run for three on first down and then the play call on second— run!!!!! Take 40 more seconds off the clock x2. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

but if he is the best of the rest

We don't really know that. Earle looked good in his limited action. Gunnell did not look good, but he also hasn't played in 2 years. There may not be a better quarterback on the roster, but if SL is going to play Aune, he bears the burden of QB play, and his play has been terrible all season. We lost today because his ball placement and decision making. Yes, he made some big throws, but most of those were because of receiver effort and adjustment or the receivers being wide open because of scheme, not because of his accuracy.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, UNT Family Man said:

The quarterback was what we expected- great at moments and very disappointing at others. Non existent run game and their players made plays on that last drive was the difference. Great game all around. 

What was frustrating was the drive with 6:30 to go (and the lead) and we run for three on first down and then the play call on second— run!!!!! Take 40 more seconds off the clock x2. 

I agree that was frustrating too, but SL has shown he doesn't know what a clock is, so that was expected.

• Downvote 1

Just now, RBP79 said:

Austin didn't win the game but he didn't lose it either. Come on..7th season....you know how this season is going to play out.

If there had been a QB that didn't throw the ball 2 yards behind the receiver on almost every slant throw we may have won the game. This loss is on Aune. And I guess SL too. Fine, but if we had a marginally more competent QB, we would have won.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

We lost this game because of him. End of story.

Why are people downvoting this?  Nobody’s perfect. Nobody on the team is perfect and there are always more place to be made. However, if your  quarterback can’t even threaten to complete 70% of his passes against mediocre, FBS defense, you can lose to anyone.   If a few more of Aune's mistakes in this game were taking advantage of, it would not have been close.  Most games he doesn’t look like he deserves an FBS level scholarship let alone to be the starter.  His numbers is may not be as bad as McNulty but that’s only a function of the type of office we are running.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

To borrow from a phrase sometimes heard in golf; you drive for show and putt for dough. Putting up big numbers doesn't mean much if you don't score the points.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2