Aune better not see the field again this season

peanuts104

11 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

We had 22 net rushing yards and Aune lost the game for us?  nutsak shut down our rushing attack.

We had 22 net rushing yards because they loaded up the box. They had zero respect for his arm which is why just about every pass he completed went for big yardage(much of it YAC). They had nobody back because they knew he is a wildly inconsistent passer.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, wardly said:

We had 5 yards rushing the entire first half, another 10 the 3rd Qtr. No way you can lay this at Aune's feet.

Watch the number of players up on the line of scrimmage vs the number dropping in coverage. They sold out on the run the entire game and had single coverage deep because they knew their only chance was to make Aune beat them. Again, this is why just about every pass Aune completed was for a big gain because our receivers had very few defenders to beat once they caught the ball.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I don't even know how to respond this. Aune had the game won for us and we couldn't stop them when it mattered most. And 22 yards rushing yet we had the lead with 1:30 minutes left. This one was not on Aune. 

They sold out on the run. With the game our defense played overall, there's no reason we should have lost. We put up 6 points in the first half. Receivers and TEs making big plays after the catch is where our second half success came from. That has little to do with Aune and more to do with them loading the box and our receivers being very good.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I don't even know how to respond this. Aune had the game won for us and we couldn't stop them when it mattered most. And 22 yards rushing yet we had the lead with 1:30 minutes left. This one was not on Aune. 

I just assume people who post lately have their head and the sand and like to talk out the other end. Ya know like the rec league rejects who are sad they can’t actually suite up and play for UNT. It’s pathetic and looks pathetic to students and players as well as locals who peruse these boards. They will say but go look at (fill in team here) board… yeah fools come in all shapes and sizes and kinds…. Nobody is impressed comparing yourself to like people 🤣

To be fair I would be open to another QB, but Aune is not the reason we lost today and nor is he or Seth the fall guy for every lose we have. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, StealthEagle84 said:

he had open receivers all night and did not hit his 50%, he did not win the game either, that INT to start the 2nd half was brutal.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Now adjust for the 3+ Jake drops, the Gumms drop, the Shorter drop. All of the sudden he’s 60%. He wasn’t good but he did enough to win. UTSA made catches that we didn’t.

Now adjust for all the bad passes that were caught. He has no touch when he needs it. Idk what that pass on the screen was. Situational awareness for a 29 yr old with 3 yrs experience is awful.  He's just bad and if we had a decent qb we'd be pretty good team. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Now factor in that Harris was 69% on 8 more passes and you see Aune is still well below the threshold. I'm sure Harris had some drops as well.. every QB has some bad drops every once in a while. That doesn't excuse a 48% completion percentage. Come on, y'all.

I’m not arguing who’s better. That’s obviously Harris. But Aune made enough plays to win the game, they just didn’t bring it home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I’m not arguing who’s better. That’s obviously Harris. But Aune made enough plays to win the game, they just didn’t bring it home. 

If Aune makes every pass catchable, we win by 2 tds. If he is also a running threat, we win by 3tds+. Every quarterback has drops but most don’t throw this many that are clearly uncatchable. He either throws it perfectly or throws it like Brucie in Longest Yard with very few in between.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Now adjust for all the bad passes that were caught. He has no touch when he needs it. Idk what that pass on the screen was. Situational awareness for a 29 yr old with 3 yrs experience is awful.  He's just bad and if we had a decent qb we'd be pretty good team. 

I'd settle for an average QB that can get above 55% completion regularly. As others have said, we lost because UTSA sold out on the run and dared us to make Aune win the game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

28 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

We lost this game because of him. End of story.

I must have seen a different game. I saw a quarterback that passed for ALL of the touchdowns the team scored, 325 yards, and an amazing 21.6 yards per catch! And, this quarterback gave a lead to the defense with under 2 minutes to go and UTSA had NO time outs. Aune obviously did NOT lose the game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2