***OFFICIAL UNT vs UTSA IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

What do you got for that Frank Harris QB Draw? Or the celebration by the defense for the 4th down stop that wasn’t?

Harris is a heck of a running QB and I was celebrating as well thinking we got the stop?  Not sure what you are asking for there. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Hill said:

SL put them in position to win. Players need to make plays. Y'all are morons to want SL gone. You're a barely mediocre school with a commuter student base. Get real

Players make the plays that coaches coach them to make. Tonight, UTSA's backups made more plays than UNT made, so we lost. Seth isn't good enough. Not at coaching. Not at recruiting. Not at retaining quality players. Littrell is a liability and should have been gone at the end of last season. And anyone that is being honest with themself knows it. I wasn't planning on signing back in tonight until I read your stupid comment.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

37 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I don't expect to see us win many games. My only expectation today was just to play well and not get humiliated.

Sadly, this is where we are. Most fans don't expect to win games against good teams, just hope we don't get blasted.

39 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I'll still support our players. They are the ones who deserve it.

Agree, I know we get frustrated, but I have no doubt every player give 100% on the field. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Me too but two wrongs don’t make a right. The call should be the call. Some UTSA fan was telling me they shouldn’t call this because they didn’t call it all game. I don’t agree

I don't think it was a call.  I did not see it as a call when I watched the game, and after watching the replay, I think it's maybe, if I drink tons of green koolaid.

There. I said it.

So consider this an opportunity to explain - you or anyone here - offensive PI to GM.  I'm all ears.

I'm in the camp that believes, just because there were hands on the defensive player and then some separation, that doesn't mean there was a push and, thus, offensive PI.

I see legal contact with hands, and then a WR that made a play for the ball.  there was visible separation simply because Texada's momentum continued along the original route/path, and Texada didn't jump up and away with him.  I don't see a push.  I see legal contact with hands, then an outstanding jump away from the original route to make a play towards the ball.

EDIT: you can go to the exact snap in the stadium replay @ 3:21:00

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I don't think it was a call.  I did not see it as a call when I watched the game, and after watching the replay, I think it's maybe, if I drink tons of green koolaid.

There. I said it.

So consider this an opportunity to explain - you or anyone here - offensive PI to GM.  I'm all ears.

I'm in the camp that believes, just because there were hands on the defensive player and then some separation, that doesn't mean there was a push and, thus, offensive PI.

I see legal contact with hands, and then a WR that made a play for the ball.  there was visible separation simply because Texada's momentum continued along the original route/path, and Texada didn't jump up and away with him.  I don't see a push.  I see legal contact with hands, then an outstanding jump away from the original route to make a play towards the ball.

EDIT: you can go to the exact snap in the stadium replay @ 3:21:00

I watched the play last night, Texada was in the same foot stride as the WR until the hand contact. When you see the WR push, his foot path is significantly altered away from the ball. To me that is the emphasis for PI. I’d be saying the same thing if I was a UTSA fan and it happened against them. It was a bad bad missed call and that is not the green Kool aid talking. I also saw it live. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I watched the play last night, Texada was in the same foot stride as the WR until the hand contact. When you see the WR push, his foot path is significantly altered away from the ball. To me that is the emphasis for PI. I’d be saying the same thing if I was a UTSA fan and it happened against them. It was a bad bad missed call and that is not the green Kool aid talking. I also saw it live. 

This is exactly what it looks like when you have your hands on a player, then release to jump.  Texada doesn't flail or flinch.  He just keeps going.

I guess I'll stand alone on this hill. lol

image.gif.87d412cf17431404a2e6258d2fb3ee49.gif

image.gif.793825e188bb86a0ebeba11627d4fc46.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

I applaud your objectivity, greenminer. 

Would've been a very soft call if called. Both were handfighting--it's not like Texada had his hands up or anything. Texada is a great corner but it's not uncommon for great offense to beat great defense...and Clark is the best receiver in the conference and absolutely elite at high pointing the ball. Probably the only one out of UTSA's three top receivers that is a shoe-in to get drafted. 

Amazing game. I thought Littrell had a really great gameplan. This is probably how y'all felt after Fine orchestrated the drive. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

This is exactly what it looks like when you have your hands on a player, then release to jump.  Texada doesn't flail or flinch.  He just keeps going.

I guess I'll stand alone on this hill. lol

image.gif.87d412cf17431404a2e6258d2fb3ee49.gif

image.gif.793825e188bb86a0ebeba11627d4fc46.gif

I see Texada’s path altered by 2-3 feet. He was headed for the middle of the R and is pushed off to the top of the R.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, correcamino said:

and Clark is the best receiver in the conference and absolutely elite at high pointing the ball.

Clark had an exceptional height advantage over Texada.  Just a very heads-up play by Harris (or whoever) to anticipate that matchup, do the quick snap and just lob it up there.

Coupled with that amazing catch by your behemoth tight end, it is what it is.

Texada is my most curious player right now.  Has displayed tremendous upside.  Signs of good vision, footwork, etc.  Despite his height being exposed, I'm very excited for his future in Denton.  I hope he recovers from this.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I see Texada’s path altered by 2-3 feet. He was headed for the middle of the R and is pushed off to the top of the R.

I'm trying to see this, but I don't.  Sorry.  I see several established strides, directly in line with that angled downslope of the R.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1