Coach Andy Mac

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 4

28 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

have we had 22k this year?

Yes, 25k vs SMU.

To make it a more fair comparision, we averaged 23k the year we were conference favorites. 29k v SMU, 30k v LaTech, and 25k v Rice. UTSA football interest kinda low considering their expectations

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Yes, 25k vs SMU.

To make it a more fair comparision, we averaged 23k the year we were conference favorites. 29k v SMU, 30k v LaTech, and 25k v Rice. UTSA football interest kinda low considering their expectations

And considering the Alamodome is in the heart of San Antonio. While Denton is technically part of DFW, it's on the far outskirts with 2 other D1 college programs in Dallas and Fort Worth. If anybody wants to watch D1 football in San Antonio, UTSA is the only place to get it. I'd say 22k in attendance is bad considering their situation.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

50 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

And considering the Alamodome is in the heart of San Antonio. While Denton is technically part of DFW, it's on the far outskirts with 2 other D1 college programs in Dallas and Fort Worth. If anybody wants to watch D1 football in San Antonio, UTSA is the only place to get it. I'd say 22k in attendance is bad considering their situation.

Might be better to talk about UTSA metrics in comparison to UTEP.  No other football in the city.  Massive stadium. etc

I suspect if UTEP was enjoying the same success as UTSA in 2021 and 2022, they'd be averaging over 40K.

On one hand I think this message is great for them! Highlights the percentage growth in attendance.  On the other, I am shocked to read that they only had 22K in the last two games, if true?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Might be better to talk about UTSA metrics in comparison to UTEP.  No other football in the city.  Massive stadium. etc

I suspect if UTEP was enjoying the same success as UTSA in 2021 and 2022, they'd be averaging over 40K.

On one hand I think this message is great for them! Highlights the percentage growth in attendance.  On the other, I am shocked to read that they only had 22K in the last two games, if true?

Absolutely true on UTEP. When they are good, that place turns out for the Miners. Great stadium and strong citizen pride in the Miners when they are good. The problem is that is very, very infrequent. Last time I remember them being good, they got ranked under Mike Price. Maybe about 15-20 years ago?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Yes much more reasonable comparison. Looking at the first game of the year, UTEP had nearly 46k for UNT while UTSA had 37.5k hosting a top 25 Houston and coming off a 12 win season themselves. There just does not appear to be a ton of support for UTSA in their city.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

UTEP is the only game in town.

Not completely accurate, but it is true they do not have any major league franchise.  Obviously SA has the Spurs.

• El Paso Buzzards
  • El Paso Coyotes
  • El Paso Golf Classic
  • El Paso/Juarez Gamecocks
  • El Paso Locomotive FC
  • El Paso Open
  • El Paso Open (PGA Tour)
  • El Paso Raiders