Keys to UTSA victory

zenhuddy

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"informative"

zenhuddy was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

Constructively Speaking how about we name 3 keys to victory?

1) I think we have to start fast meaning need points on 2 of the 1st 3 drives and at least one TD (my guess is they double up on Shorter so I’m saying Ward or one of the TE’s) would love to see Bush come alive in this one or Maclin ! 

2) We have to protect the ball i.e. Aune no pic’s and our running backs no fumbles as I think turnovers will decide this game. If we have more that 2 we are out, unless they have 3 or more ha

3) We have to in passing situations, get the ball out in under 3 sec as they will surely try to hit Aune early and hard to force him into poorly executed passes (they have done pretty well in this dept).

I grant you these are not revelations by any means but I think we gotta start quick and get a jump on them as we won’t get down 14 and beat them late in my opinion. 

Last Thought  - if we can get our running game on track we can keep Frank and co on the bench but you gotta figure their strategy will 7-8 in the box and make Aune pass a lot which at 50% means our chances are just that, 50/50.  We will do the opposite and run a shell type coverage and try to disrupt his passing game while forcing them to run for points. I’m hopeful as many of you are let’s expect the best !

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1- Win the turnover margin

2- Limit their WRs from the explosive plays.  Their oline play is going to be a problem for them and they will make mistakes.  Forcing them into long drives where they have to keep moving the chains is going to be the best way to stop them.  Basically, play bend don’t break defense.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Like last year.

Keep Harris in the pocket and under pressure. 

Control the ball with a good run game.

Win the turnover battle by +2.

And be creative with our play calling. 

Exactly the points I would make. Especially keeping containment on Harris. He is going to get his yards through the air. We can’t afford for him to run for a bunch as well. 

• Upvote 1

From DC Texas Football

North Texas at UTSA
Viewing guide: 
Saturday at 2:30 p.m. on Stadium 
Gambling odds: UTSA -10; O/U 69.5
A clash that likely decides the winner of the West Division of Conference USA takes place Saturday afternoon in the Alamodome. The fact that this game is on the Stadium App rather than national television underscores why both teams are bolting to the AAC in 2023. The Roadrunners are beat up thanks to a tough non-conference schedule and the lack of an open date so far on the season. North Texas set a school record with 475 rushing yards in the win over La Tech last week. Both teams are 3-0 in CUSA entering the contest.  
Craven’s bet: North Texas +10

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

1) score lots of points

2) keep them from scoring even more points

3) keep doing 1 and 2 until the clock is all zeros in the 4th quarter.

Did I do this right?

Now that is a strategic plan for beating nutsak!  I am impressed.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

From DC Texas Football

North Texas at UTSA
Viewing guide: 
Saturday at 2:30 p.m. on Stadium 
Gambling odds: UTSA -10; O/U 69.5
A clash that likely decides the winner of the West Division of Conference USA takes place Saturday afternoon in the Alamodome. The fact that this game is on the Stadium App rather than national television underscores why both teams are bolting to the AAC in 2023. The Roadrunners are beat up thanks to a tough non-conference schedule and the lack of an open date so far on the season. North Texas set a school record with 475 rushing yards in the win over La Tech last week. Both teams are 3-0 in CUSA entering the contest.  
Craven’s bet: North Texas +10

635815341226551665-judy-Macleod-conferen

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 2