DRC: Prediction -- UNT will rise to the occasion, knock off UTSA in battle of C-USA unbeatens

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If Harris gets time it could be a long day. With their banged up line there is no reason not to assign a spy on him.

How many Road Runner starters “will not” be starting will answer a few questions on their injury list (which will not be for public consumption before game time).   
Anyone else think Coach Traylor probably took a few psych. courses at his college alma mater?

• Upvote 2

If you're picking UNT to win based on assumptions that Aune/Defense/Littrell will have a greater than average game executing a game plan, you're going to be disappointed. Don't ignore the truth!

Our running backs will have to carry the responsibility of outperforming themselves and UTSA will be ready for it. Our Defense needs to pray that the secondary won't be exploited to h e l l.

This has all the makings of crossing our fingers that Aune can keep the defense honest with an occasional good pass and Harris not abusing our D despite their O-line issues. We know how this song plays out folks...

Okay, that's my last pessimistic post for now. Looking forward to the amount of angry, drunken comments on the game thread. I may be one of them :0

• Upvote 2

Prediction: North Texas has a habit of coming out of nowhere with a great performance when one least expects it to pull off an upset. no one is in the stands to witness it.

FIFY, but this really only applies to home games.  At least he didn't call it an "opportunity" game.  

Since Graham Harrell left Denton, we have gone 14-24 against FBS teams. On the road, we have won exactly 6 road games, against this unbelievable collection of awesomeness: MTSU, UTEP twice, Rice, Southern Miss, and FIU. In 2020, that MTSU team went 3-6 and UTEP went 3-5. In 2021, Rice went 4-8, USM was 3-9 and FIU went 1-11. And, so far, in 2022, UTEP is 3-4. Absolutely nothing suggests we win this game. Hell, very little suggests this game will even be close.

But if we do win, SL probably is well on his way to getting his 7 wins and his extension for a few more years here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, eeeeagle said:

If you're picking UNT to win based on assumptions that Aune/Defense/Littrell will have a greater than average game executing a game plan, you're going to be disappointed. Don't ignore the truth!

Our running backs will have to carry the responsibility of outperforming themselves and UTSA will be ready for it. Our Defense needs to pray that the secondary won't be exploited to h e l l.

This has all the makings of crossing our fingers that Aune can keep the defense honest with an occasional good pass and Harris not abusing our D despite their O-line issues. We know how this song plays out folks...

Okay, that's my last pessimistic post for now. Looking forward to the amount of angry, drunken comments on the game thread. I may be one of them :0

I agree completely with this take. I’m sure most marked this game as a preseason loss. The fact that were 3-0 in conference garners a since of hope for a win. 

Personally a win at the Dome would start swaying away from wanting him canned.

• Upvote 1