DRC (updated with story): UNT men picked third, women fifth in C-USA poll

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (updated with story): UNT men picked third, women fifth in C-USA poll
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:46 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Honestly, if this conference tournament schedule shows the correct order of games, maybe we should aim for the third seed to get the best attendance-friendly game slots.

image.png.8b88fca3ef5327aedfe4c521c0355197.png

So then we likely draw WKU or UAB (whichever is the 2 seed) in the Game 9? No thank you. Win every game you can. Rather see wins than an extra 150 people watching. Plus it's the tournament. Tons of people besides just the fans of the schools that are playing will be watching/attending.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Tons of people besides just the fans of the schools that are playing will be watching/attending.

Is that really the case? I've only been able to make it the last couple of games in 2021. I haven't seen what attendance is like for the other games. I really don't think many of Frisco's 200K people care about CUSA basketball.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Is that really the case? I've only been able to make it the last couple of games in 2021. I haven't seen what attendance is like for the other games. I really don't think many of Frisco's 200K people care about CUSA basketball.

I remember watching the start of the 2020 tournament and seeing a split court in a relatively small venue, so percentage wise, I'd be it's well attended. Otherwise, think of the other teams/coaches/staff/band/cheerleaders and traveling fans that would also make it. When I went to the Sun Belt tourney in 2010 (2010?!) I remember the stadium being quite packed, and that was a bad venue for our traveling fans. Just one man's thoughts on it.

But again, win as many as possible. Don't play for seeding.

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

I remember watching the start of the 2020 tournament and seeing a split court in a relatively small venue, so percentage wise, I'd be it's well attended. Otherwise, think of the other teams/coaches/staff/band/cheerleaders and traveling fans that would also make it. When I went to the Sun Belt tourney in 2010 (2010?!) I remember the stadium being quite packed, and that was a bad venue for our traveling fans. Just one man's thoughts on it.

But again, win as many as possible. Don't play for seeding.

I agree, I want as many wins as possible to build up our resume for an at-large bid if we fall short in the conference tourney. But I likely have a better chance of attending the conference tournament than wherever we'd land in the NCAA Tournament.