Top-fifty shooting guard Alex Cotton is creating buzz

Each summer coaches take note of players who have a chance to see their recruitment take off. Down south in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Alex Cotton seems to be a prime candidate that fits the mold. A 6-foot-5 swingman by way of Lewisville (Texas) Hebron High, Cotton’s game has caught the attention of a handful of programs throughout the high school season and he has enjoyed the initial attention this past season.

“Coaches came to see me practice before the season started,” Cotton said. “The first thing the coaches recruiting me always say is how I can shoot the basketball really well. I also feel I can guard four positions on the floor and am really versatile.”

Cotton currently holds one lone offer from Troy, but the high major interest is there for him to capitalize on this spring. Since the start of the season, Cotton told 247Sports that he hears from Clemson, Creighton, North Texas, Oklahoma State, and Stanford.

Read more:  https://247sports.com/Article/Alex-Cotton-North-Texas-Clemson-Creighton-Stanford-Oklahoma-State-Basketball-Recruiting-183832619/

6 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Cotton currently holds one lone offer from Troy, but the high major interest is there for him to capitalize on this spring. Since the start of the season, Cotton told 247Sports that he hears from Clemson, Creighton, North Texas, Oklahoma State, and Stanford.

Read more:  https://247sports.com/Article/Alex-Cotton-North-Texas-Clemson-Creighton-Stanford-Oklahoma-State-Basketball-Recruiting-183832619/

"High major interest" followed by a list that includes North Texas. Well boys, we finally did it.

Edit:

I actually clicked the link and read the article. He breaks down his thoughts on each program he's been in touch with. The article was written in March. Makes me wonder how much that nearly packed Super Pit affected his decision. Surely it left a great impression.

North Texas: “I took an unofficial visit last week and saw their game vs. Louisiana Tech when they won their conference. I think it would be really great to go there because I would still be around my mom and it would be easier for her to come to my games.”

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1