Jeff Traylor praises Seth

meangreenfaninno

CHASING 🦅EAGLES THAT TURNED INTO 🐇 ‘WASKILY ‘WABBITS…

Looking at photos & a video of Traylor after last year’s “still doesn’t make a whole lotta’ sense” MG win over a 16’th ranked UT-San Antonio; anyway, a  post-game pic or 2  show an equally confused “what the hell just happened to us” Coach Traylor one cannot forget.   

•••The game this Saturday is as much a revenge motivation game UNT will have played in years. I think that a reason why some are predicting a RR blowout over the MG. The fact that in recent years the RR’s might have been out-recruiting UNT with Texas HS players some who look more like a UH Coogs fit than where they ended up in the shadows of the Alamo.  

Anyone who has followed NT football thru the decades with all the numerous conference homes the MG have resided has every right to be a tad frustrated with what has been going on in recent years. I hear some in CUSA can’t get why UNT “with all their facilities, venues & hot chicks” can’t seem to win much more than it loses. Then you begin to hear “UNT does so little with so much” more & more. (Again, which Tribe’s graveyard did we build  Fouts Field & Apogee Stadium on top of)? 

👁👁 Looking back we’ve had no conference football championships in awhile & the only time we seem to compete for one is when whatever conference we’re in overall quality has trended downward. The ultimate slap is when we entered CUSA it never had the same quality it had after former CUSA members became the AAC & then—-after we left the friggin’ Sun Belt Conference it got better with more schools who were even getting Top 25 rankings. Crap!🤔  •••To quote the great Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles: “What in the wide world of sports is-a goin’ on here?”🤪

The Sun Belt?  Look at that league in its debut year.  UNT entered it with more D1 scholarship players than any other school in that new conference as I recall.  So who we kidding—that helped immensely with UNT winning those first 4 championships. Winning 1 out of the NO’s Bowl’s first 4 games proved the SBC is where we belonged back then.  Then we wanted to be a member in another league which would be CUSA who became the AAC after we finally got in, uh, CUSA!🙄  Gosh doggit’!  Where is Dr. Phil for heavens sake?!?!

And…Did Rod Serling of (insert theme song) Twilight Zone fame write the screen play of the “Mean Green Football Movie” the  last 20 years or what?  

No matter the situation:  STILL MEAN GREEN & DAMN PROUD OF IT!  

🦅

TCU at Fouts Field, Denton.8FD11908-87D1-4F5A-8EC4-C8DBF6128EFF.jpeg.b2c8baf18b32af0358a3cf9e1f3fa95a.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Coach speak is a staple of the profession.  Praise the opposition, never say anything that might fire up or upset the other team's staff and players.  

Many complain about Littrell's press conferences, but actually he says the same things they all do.   Many have a better delivery in their spewing of coachisms, but it is rare to hear anything the least bit interesting from any of them. 

No opinions, little true analysis, or humor; just a dull statement of the facts will have to surfice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It would make headlines if Traylor has Seth has been a major disappointment the last 4 years.  He's proven he knows nothing about the QB position and his defense has been awful since he got to unt. He didn't want to stir the pot so he kept that to himself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Coach speak is a staple of the profession.  Praise the opposition, never say anything that might fire up or upset the other team's staff and players.  

Many complain about Littrell's press conferences, but actually he says the same things they all do.   Many have a better delivery in their spewing of coachisms, but it is rare to hear anything the least bit interesting from any of them. 

No opinions, little true analysis, or humor; just a dull statement of the facts will have to surfice. 

Oh yeah, it's always the same thing from SL though.  Doesn't matter if it's Texas A&M, or Texas A&M-Commerce:
"They're athletic.  Well-coached.  Offensively, they spread the ball around and have a lot of weapons.  Defensively, they give you different looks, so we're going to have to prepare well & execute in all 3 phases... blah, blah, blah."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yeah, it's always the same thing from SL though.  Doesn't matter if it's Texas A&M, or Texas A&M-Commerce:
"They're athletic.  Well-coached.  Offensively, they spread the ball around and have a lot of weapons.  Defensively, they give you different looks, so we're going to have to prepare well & execute in all 3 phases... blah, blah, blah."

You forgot AT THE END OF THE DAY

• Upvote 3

On 10/18/2022 at 5:18 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

CHASING 🦅EAGLES THAT TURNED INTO 🐇 ‘WASKILY ‘WABBITS…

Looking at photos & a video of Traylor after last year’s “still doesn’t make a whole lotta’ sense” MG win over a 16’th ranked UT-San Antonio; anyway, a  post-game pic or 2  show an equally confused “what the hell just happened to us” Coach Traylor one cannot forget.   

•••The game this Saturday is as much a revenge motivation game UNT will have played in years. I think that a reason why some are predicting a RR blowout over the MG. The fact that in recent years the RR’s might have been out-recruiting UNT with Texas HS players some who look more like a UH Coogs fit than where they ended up in the shadows of the Alamo.  

Anyone who has followed NT football thru the decades with all the numerous conference homes the MG have resided has every right to be a tad frustrated with what has been going on in recent years. I hear some in CUSA can’t get why UNT “with all their facilities, venues & hot chicks” can’t seem to win much more than it loses. Then you begin to hear “UNT does so little with so much” more & more. (Again, which Tribe’s graveyard did we build  Fouts Field & Apogee Stadium on top of)? 

👁👁 Looking back we’ve had no conference football championships in awhile & the only time we seem to compete for one is when whatever conference we’re in overall quality has trended downward. The ultimate slap is when we entered CUSA it never had the same quality it had after former CUSA members became the AAC & then—-after we left the friggin’ Sun Belt Conference it got better with more schools who were even getting Top 25 rankings. Crap!🤔  •••To quote the great Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles: “What in the wide world of sports is-a goin’ on here?”🤪

The Sun Belt?  Look at that league in its debut year.  UNT entered it with more D1 scholarship players than any other school in that new conference as I recall.  So who we kidding—that helped immensely with UNT winning those first 4 championships. Winning 1 out of the NO’s Bowl’s first 4 games proved the SBC is where we belonged back then.  Then we wanted to be a member in another league which would be CUSA who became the AAC after we finally got in, uh, CUSA!🙄  Gosh doggit’!  Where is Dr. Phil for heavens sake?!?!

And…Did Rod Serling of (insert theme song) Twilight Zone fame write the screen play of the “Mean Green Football Movie” the  last 20 years or what?  

No matter the situation:  STILL MEAN GREEN & DAMN PROUD OF IT!  

🦅

TCU at Fouts Field, Denton.8FD11908-87D1-4F5A-8EC4-C8DBF6128EFF.jpeg.b2c8baf18b32af0358a3cf9e1f3fa95a.jpeg

Ain’t no way that was TCU in ‘02

That has to be K State for the finale

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Ain’t no way that was TCU in ‘02

That has to be K State for the finale

By George!  I think you’ve got it! 
I do recall when TCU came to Fouts that they had a similar size showing of Froggie fans.

I think that may be the only KSU pic of that game because I can’t find a video or any other pics anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

By George!  I think you’ve got it! 
I do recall when TCU came to Fouts that they had a similar size showing of Froggie fans.

I think that may be the only KSU pic of that game because I can’t find a video or any other pics anywhere. 

There’s one or 2 pictures of the crowd but it doesn’t really show we are playing K State.

There is a very old video on YT of the game and a fan POV too.

• Upvote 2