Footballscoop.com mention for the school rushing record

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Keep with it until it stops working. Or until it's 4th and 1.

Maybe be a little more patient getting back to the line on a few plays, though, and give the defense a breather.

What kills me is that we refuse to get under center and run QB sneaks when we need less than a yard. Anyone notice Philly do it a few times last night? It's impossible to stop if you line 2 backs behind the QB and have them push forward. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

From the "Could you imagine" files  -- Mason With this O-line and Running backs

Also from the “could you imagine” files, Aune throwing to 3 future NFL receivers with a NFL running back lined up next to him. Sure would make those bad passes more catchable.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Even if we had a good QB, I still think we'd be a run first offense with our stable of backs.

If you are averaging 10.1 yards per carry you’d be a fool to pass the ball even with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning throwing it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Also from the “could you imagine” files, Aune throwing to 3 future NFL receivers with a NFL running back lined up next to him. Sure would make those bad passes more catchable.

Good receivers have nothing to do with overthrown and balls in the dirt. If our current receivers had a Fine-caliber QB throwing to them, I think some would also make the NFL. Actually I think regardless, Shorter could make it.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think we do have some good running backs, but let us also tip the cap to the usually forgotten big bellies. 

I have to admit, I was concerned with Duncan at RT, but he has played extremely well.  The entire line has been a bright spot.

• Upvote 2

I heard someone on what the broadcast say something like a great receiver can make an average quarterback look great but an average quarterback will make a great receiver look average.

I have always wondered about a school like Ohio State that always has incredible receivers. Their quarterbacks are always talked up but few (of their QBs) seem to do anything in the NFL.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

What kills me is that we refuse to get under center and run QB sneaks when we need less than a yard. Anyone notice Philly do it a few times last night? It's impossible to stop if you line 2 backs behind the QB and have them push forward. 

"Helping the runner" rules...

"The penalty in college and high school was later reduced to 10 yards, and finally 5 yards. The NFL and CFL continued with the foul as 10 yards. In 2005, the National Football League made the penalty only for pulling and carrying, removing the flag in cases of pushing. The NCAA followed in 2013. Pushing still remains illegal in high school games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helping_the_runner

• Upvote 1