I thought this was a brilliant play call from Littrell

cousin oliver

21 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

They ran a similar running play earlier in the game…this time they threw it. It was a nice pass and a great grab!  He wasn’t necessarily open, but he went up to get it.  Glad Gumms is on our side. 

This is what a QB is supposed to do for his playmakers. Not necessarily throw it in double coverage but if it's 1 on 1, give them a chance to get up and go get it. If you're waiting on your guys to be wide open every single play, things become problematic.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Not sure about the brilliance of the call, but Gumms was in beast mode to pull that in and make the score.

It was the jumping into the wildcat right before the snap that I liked about it.  Which I'm sure confused the defense for a bit before the ball was snapped.  Then there are variations that can be run off this look.  Aune could have given it to Horton on the reverse, Aune could have given to Horton and thrown back to Aune or another WR, Addaway could have kept it, etc.  Part of me thinks Bloeche was calling this game to give Nutsack different looks to prepare for next week. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 7