Can we beat UTSA, WKU, or UAB?

UNT Family Man

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I fear 0-3 here.

I feel we have a good chance to beat UAB. UTSA and WK not so much. Assuming we beat one of these three teams plus both FIU and Rice at home, we finish 7 & 5 with no real signature win and go to another lower tier bowl where we lose. What is Baker going to do? What if we win the bowl game and finish 8 & 5? Littrell gets a new contract?

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

I’ve fallen for this hype before. After getting beat by a school that needed clarification Miami (Ohio) I swore I would never fall for it again. No, I think we are going to be very disappointed in these upcoming games. Of course I hope I’m wrong but just not buying it anymore  

• Upvote 4

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"good take"

MeanGreenTexan was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 15 points.

30 minutes ago, wardly said:

I feel we have a good chance to beat UAB. UTSA and WK not so much. Assuming we beat one of these three teams plus both FIU and Rice at home, we finish 7 & 5 with no real signature win and go to another lower tier bowl where we lose. What is Baker going to do? What if we win the bowl game and finish 8 & 5? Littrell gets a new contract?

6-6 or 7-5, and he should not have the opportunity to coach the bowl game.  

8-4, he’s getting an extension.  The length of which should be 2 years only.  The bowl game should determine his buyout.  Lose it, and there should be low base salary (re: guaranteed money/buyout owed), with heavy incentives (some easy to reach, & some more difficult).  Otherwise, what’s he gonna do? Walk away?  Aw, shucks.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

That INT was just as much on the receiver in the end zone.  It was a good pass, D-back made a play on the ball. Receiver was there, but didn’t go for the ball. 

I disagree. It wasn’t the WRs job to recognize the safety was in position to come over and make a play, it was the QBs. The WR had the CB beat and was in position to make the play and was reach out for the ball when the S jumped it. 

• Upvote 3

The UNT team that played SMU, UNLV and Memphis - not a chance at winning.
The UNT team that played FAU - maybe. Maybe can win. That score could have been easily reversed. 
The UNT team that played La Tech - they have some chance at winning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

28 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I disagree. It wasn’t the WRs job to recognize the safety was in position to come over and make a play, it was the QBs. The WR had the CB beat and was in position to make the play and was reach out for the ball when the S jumped it. 

It wasn't a good throw, but the INT didn't bother me too much. Remember, we didn't have Mooney so kicking a FG wasn't really an option. Aune was just hoping to make a play in the closing seconds. If Mooney is available, we're not throwing to the endzone and the INT never happens. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

His long throws have too much air time.  That enables another defensive back nearer to the receiver enough time to intercept.  

• Upvote 4

I think NT has a good chance to beat UTSA in San Antonio.  NT is playing well and has steadily improved all season long.  

UTSA is playing at home and certainly has revenge as a motivator.  

I also think NT is significantly better than the last year version, and UTSA is not as good as they were last year. 

So overall, I have no idea who will win; or even if it will be a close game.  

This makes it an incredible game to watch.

I think the UTSA vs NT  contest will really dictate the favorite in the UAB and WKU games.   If NT can beat UTSA or even play close, they will have a great chance to win both other games because UAB and WKU are not at the UTSA level. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The NT team that played LA Tech has a good chance in all of those games.  Our O-line is in terrible shape due to injuries.  Pulling a D-Lineman that has never played offense over to play O-line isnt a good sign.  Frank is good at scrambling, but its not something you want to rely on.  Match up on Saturday will be a good game to watch. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I think NT has a good chance to beat UTSA in San Antonio.  NT is playing well and has steadily improved all season long.  

UTSA is playing at home and certainly has revenge as a motivator.  

I also think NT is significantly better than the last year version, and UTSA is not as good as they were last year. 

So overall, I have no idea who will win; or even if it will be a close game.  

This makes it an incredible game to watch.

I think the UTSA vs NT  contest will really dictate the favorite in the UAB and WKU games.   If NT can beat UTSA or even play close, they will have a great chance to win both other games because UAB and WKU are not at the UTSA level. 

I agree! : r/DunderMifflin

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...